VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Advice

Rate this question

R3dneck

Question

I filed for PTSD in 1995 and was diagnosed at that time of the C&P with Dysthymia with prominent features of anxiety, so PTSD denied. I also was denied for "Memory loss" - Service connection for memory loss is denied because this disability is determined to result from a known clinical diagnosis of dysthymia, which neither occurred in nor was caused or aggravated by service. I did not appeal as I was very uneducated in the rules and regs for VA. After many years later and many problems later that arose from my issues I finally came back to VA for help. I recently was diagnosed by a VA psychologist for PTSD as I have been attending all visits as scheduled for a few months now.I am taking all meds as required as well. I will be starting the 12 week CPT program in a couple weeks to try to improve my problems in dealing with all this. My question is: Do I have a cue or is it just a reopen? Should I try to reopen or cue now or what is the next step for me? Thanks in advance.

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I could not find that docket # at the BVA- maybe someone else will try- I did find that  number as a Citation but I dont think it is your case:

https://www.va.gov/vetapp15/files1/1503586.txt

5 hours ago, Berta said:

I could not find that docket # at the BVA- maybe someone else will try- I did find that  number as a Citation but I dont think it is your case:

https://www.va.gov/vetapp15/files1/1503586.txt

That is not my case but ya it’s definitely my docket#. The finish date was 05/11/18 so maybe it’s not release for public view yet. I can upload the case if it doesn’t show up soon. I do think your gonna enjoy reading this one.

It’s a big read but your views and advice are important to me. 

My attorney says to wait after c&p’s are complete if any but it’s always been a waiting game with them. I feel like they need to be a bit more proactive with this.

Thanks.

Your stressors look like they can be proven- and I feel that is still an issue with the PTSD claim.

Have you done all you can, as far as trying to get unit morning reports, buddy statements, obits of any of the deceased if you knew them, and/or written to JSRRC yourself?

If so, bring anything you can regarding these stressors to the PTSD C & P exam.