VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can I Dispute Entries In Health Records

Rate this question

usdart

Question

I had an argument with my VA Nurse 'millie'. She refused to fill out a 1 page form by saying 'she did not have time to sit around and do paperwork all day'. This was after I was told to make an appointment to get it done, which I did. I was angry and asked her why she did not have time to do her job. She kept trying to send me 60 miles away to get someone else to fill out the paperwork that had to be signed by my Doctor. So three trips down to the VA and she won't do it.

I was reading my VA health History on myhealthevet and she wrote that I kept yelling at her. I did not, I was insistent though. I finally asked to have a different Nurse and Doctor assigned. This was done. But, now this crap is in my record.

I have applied for PTSD and they should be aware of this. My Psy tells me I have anger issues and to read Chapter 6 in the PTSD Book which I did. Not much help that I could find.

Can I write a response and have it entered on record, or should I let it go and move on?

Is not anger part of PTSD?

I threw the form away in anger so I don't remember what the number was. It was about linking high blood pressure to PTSD.

Edited by usdart

Thank you very much..I did not want more drama and to get into a peeing match anyway.

move on brother, if the VA would go back and retract inaccurate information placed in records, they would need to hire another agency...

Main thing is to address the anger or anything that is causing a decreased quality of life for you; if you have issues related to service, ask for treatment to deal with them, including counseling.

This can help you now and later.

We're rooting for you dart! :smile:

Edited by Notorious Kelly

Main thing is to address the anger or anything that is causing a decreased quality of life for you; if you have issues related to service, ask for treatment to deal with them, including counseling.

This can help you now and later.

We're rooting for you dart! :smile:

Thank you for caring..I usually avoid any contact with anyone. But the VA is important so I must participate. There are times when I get tired of submitting and being fed crap sandwiches though.

Just made another appt with my Syc which is hard for me to do. Always emotional and I hate that!

on a positive note, your appointments with the mental health doctor are difficult, I understand that, but I believe that you will be doing your self a bit of good by going. baby steps brother, nothing more, nothing less...

Dart there seems to be alot of cant help you veteran going around at va hospitals nowadays;; its not just you brother. Calm down, hunker down, and take care of yourself.