VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Med Center

Rate this topic

colonoscopy @ VA polyp removed and tested + for cancer. Advised to get this taken care of asap and we started talking about surgery needed until I said I wanted to get second opinion. VA did a 180 and said they wanted to wait 6mo. and check again to see about regrowth. Went to outside Dr. and advised to have surgery asap. Had part of colon removed saw oncologist no chemo or radiation needed. Follow up @ 6mo. all clear but need to be periodically checked to keep close watch.

VA lab report shows blood in urine. Doc says wonder whats up with that! re-test 30 days -still + for blood. Need ultrasound on kidneys and bladder--showed normal. Went to outside Urologist- blood tst, ultra-sound, CT scan. Scan shows something in bladder. Same day admitted to hospital and had scope of bladder done- tumor found and removed,still got bladder. Tissue sent for pathology and came back + for very aggressive type stg 2 cancer. Advised to start treatment with" installation regimine of meds. Had 6 treatments and they will check again in Dec 2013.

I have to say I'm beginning to wonder about VA medical care.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

On the other side I've seen a veterans va doc diagnose prostrate cancer that the vets family dr is several years miss. The vet saw the family dr a week or two before va doc found and diagnosed it. Jmho

during this same time period they discovered a growth in my lower throat just at the base of my tongue but luckily it was benign. Lucky me. All this within a 24 mo period. Very fortunate to diagnose this indeed at early stage. 3 years V-1 division 2 tours to Nam on flight deck USS Ranger.

Chemical exposure???? I'm thinking duhh.

Graves disease, II Diabetes, HBP, Depression, colon cancer, bladder cancer, benign tumor in throat. I'm thinkin I ain't gonna make it out of here alive :smile: