VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Psychiatrist

Rate this question

Hollis

Question

I need help here. I was seeing my psychiatrist. Dr. and he told me he just got back from Viet Nam. He said he went to see his family. Now I knew he wasn't and white or black as he had oriental features. But this just floored me. He also said he was from Cu Ci, and that he and his sister went to visit the tunnel under the base camp of Cu Ci. Hell that was where I was station with 25 INF and the 38th ISDP and I have so many bad memories of that place, and other events is why I have PTSD. I DON'T KNOW HOW OR WHAT TO DO this has freaked me out, can anyone give direction on what I can do.

thanks

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I need help here. I was seeing my psychiatrist. Dr. and he told me he just got back from Viet Nam. He said he went to see his family. Now I knew he wasn't and white or black as he had oriental features. But this just floored me. He also said he was from Cu Ci, and that he and his sister went to visit the tunnel under the base camp of Cu Ci. Hell that was where I was station with 25 INF and the 38th ISDP and I have so many bad memories of that place, and other events is why I have PTSD. I DON'T KNOW HOW OR WHAT TO DO this has freaked me out, can anyone give direction on what I can do.

thanks

What is freaking out so bad.

Is it that he is probably Vietnamese ?

Have you been seeing him very long ?

Do you want to change providers ?

What is freaking out so bad.

Is it that he is probably Vietnamese ?

Have you been seeing him very long ?

Do you want to change providers ?

Yes Carlie it is freaking me out, you ask why, it because I have flash back when I was in country, and that I may have killed one of his relatives, and I have been telling him all my problems. AND YES because he is Vietnamese. I been seeing him for about a year, but last session he exposed this to me. And yes I want to change Dr. Do you see a problem here? if so please explain to me. Thanks for your questions

Talk to your doctor about this! He might even have some insight for you.

John which Dr. my psychiatrist or my regular VA dr. This is not easy for me to open up about this with my psychiatrist

• HadIt.com Elder

You can change psyches by just requesting it. Contact your primary care doc to do it.

As for the Vietnamese thing, I don't understand it. I have no problem w/them at all. In fact find them to be a hard working people, much unlike what we've raised here in America lately. If you have a problem w/Asian people why did you see him for a yr?? jmo

pr

John999 said:

“Talk to your doctor about this! He might even have some insight for you. “

I agree 100%!

And I sure agree with Philip too!

America is very lucky to have a Vietnamese population, in my opinion.

One of the most poignant documentaries I ever saw involved a Vietnam Vet who took a photo of a small girl out of the pocket of a Vietnamese soldier he had just killed. The photo haunted him for years until he went on a quest to try to find that child,knowing it must have been the dead Vietnamese man's daughter.

By the time he found her,( not an easy task at all) she was in her late 30s .. He began writing to her, telling her he had caused her father's death. In time he arranged to go to Vietnam and meet her.Her whole Vil lined up to meet this veteran and the camera crew who documented his whole story.

Here it is condensed for YTube:

:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXZ0DxhuT5Y

The Vietnamese believe that the last person to be with anyone who dies has a bond with that person forever. .The bond surpasses whether or not their death was at the hands of the person with them when they died. This veteran will be bonded with this family for the rest of his life.

The war haunts the Vietnamese just like it affects all of you Vietnam veterans.

But Vietnamese people seem to understand the deep value of forgiveness , and,even more than people here in the 'world' did, decades ago, when soldiers returned home to an ungrateful nation,

the Vietnamese ,however, are always able to separate the soldier from the war.

You will not regret sharing your feelings with this doctor. He sure might know a lot more about PTSD than anyone else at the VA could possibly know.

Edited by Berta