VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam (Ptsd/anxiety/insomnia/depression)

Rate this question

lucaswlandon

Question

Hey all,

I have an exam in 3 days for my mental health claim. I am very very nervious about reliving out loud what is running in my head every day. I only have had one GAF score so far and it was a 23. That is one of the lower GAF scores i saw so far when looking around. I had no idea what that was until recently. I was a communications spec (25c) for a medical unit in Iraq and saw a ton of pretty bad stuff to include holding a guy that got hit by a mortar that should have hit me. is there any heads up that anyone can give me? I'll make sure and update what happens in the exam as well.

thanks in advance

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

With that GAF and hopefully your other checked symptoms on the C&P you should get 70%. I have a claim in to up my PTSD, the Examiner listed everything as Severe and I only got 30%. I was low balled due to the Navy retiring me in February for Medical and the VA figured I was good to go. Good luck and keep us posted bud.

• HadIt.com Elder

A GAF score of 23 indicates active psychosis and that you should be in an institution because you are a constant danger to yourself and others. Google GAF and see what a score of 23 means. If your symptoms match the GAF you should be 100%.

Thanks for the comments. i have very frequent "day dreams" where everything feels like im back there. that and an overdose and being placed in a metal ward for a few days... the history is sort of there. the meds help but dont come close to fixing anything, just helps them build up. been through one divorce and struggling through this marriage, though we re still together. same story as many on here im sure. it seems to be the constant minute by minute reminders and faces and events that relive in my head that have the VA concerned. iv been home since 2005

|

|

Behavior is considerably influenced by delusions or hallucinations OR serious impairment, in communication or judgment (e.g., sometimes incoherent, acts grossly inappropriately, suicidal preoccupation) OR inability to function in almost all areas (e.g., stays in bed all day, no job, home, or friends)

that actually sounds about right John999

Yeah, that is a low one. My husband's GAf was 30 something and then went to 24 or 26.

SSDI solely for PTSD and 3 years after his death, 100% P & T posthumously for SC PTSD.

The doc is right...if they give you 70% and you are unemployed, apply for TDIU (they should enclose the form with the decision of 70% and defer the TDIU part ) and then VA will wait for the return of the TDIU form and the evidence it will require from your past employers.

Lots of TDIU info here and info on how to fill out the 21-8940 TDIU form.