VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam (Ptsd/anxiety/insomnia/depression)

Rate this question

lucaswlandon

Question

Hey all,

I have an exam in 3 days for my mental health claim. I am very very nervious about reliving out loud what is running in my head every day. I only have had one GAF score so far and it was a 23. That is one of the lower GAF scores i saw so far when looking around. I had no idea what that was until recently. I was a communications spec (25c) for a medical unit in Iraq and saw a ton of pretty bad stuff to include holding a guy that got hit by a mortar that should have hit me. is there any heads up that anyone can give me? I'll make sure and update what happens in the exam as well.

thanks in advance

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't mind C&P's for physical things but I do hate the ones for mental because I am not chewing the carpet etc. That does not mean I don't have symptoms, but they don't show up at a single exam.

John

i was a wreck. still am to tell the truth. its been 9 years today since some pretty bad stuff happened over there. rough time of year for this guy. the Dr told me before i even sat down that he could tell i have pretty bad symptoms just from watching me and walking with me into his office

My claim is currently at the VBA its for PTSD,depression,cognitive disorder,personality disorder, anxiety and i have been found unemployable by social security due to my bipolar disorder my report states that i do not meet the diagnosis for PTSD although the examiner stated that he reviewed my records and that i was seen at sick bay for multiple lacerations and contusions about the neck and head wile in service where an assault had occurred i have two other diagnosis one by the chief of psychiatric's at VAMCU wherein it stated that it gave the PTSD [military related] [309.81] diagnosis and yet another by a psychologist for the same, will the board consider the weight of these two when making a decision on these issues the C&P doctor did state that i met two of the first criteria foe PTSD but not all, and made the statement "less likely than not"

Do you mean your claim is at the BVA? Board of Veterans Appeals

Can you scan and attach here the reasons and bases for the denial? (cover name, address, C file number before you scan the decision.

Was the proof of that assault one of the denial issues?

Have you read the new August 2010 criteria for PTSD? It is in our PTSD forum.

"i have two other diagnosis one by the chief of psychiatric's at VAMCU wherein it stated that it gave the PTSD [military related] [309.81] diagnosis and yet another by a psychologist for the same, will the board consider the weight of these two when making a decision on these issues the C&P doctor did state that i met two of the first criteria foe PTSD but not all, and made the statement "less likely than not"

That is the part of the decision we need to see along with any other Reasons and Basis for denial..

Yes the BVA will consider your evidence very carefully.And a VA psychiatrist ,in my opinion, outweighs a VA psychologist but

there is more to this denial than that, as to the 2010 PTSD criteria.