VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

#1Cavtrooper

Question

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I got a letter the first week of Jan saying mine needed sent in no later than Feb 1st. I faxed them the form on Jan 22 (after I called 3 times begging for the form to be sent, but never got it). I called back to make sure they got it and it was in the computer and was told it was. March 1st my check was cut by 2/3 cause VA says their computer system didnt recognize it. Its taken me 9 months to get this taken care of and it still isnt fixed. My advice is, make sure you print that form out every year and send it in certified mail. I dont ever want to see another veteran go through what I've had to deal with over this form. If there's a way for the VA to screw ya (even if you do your part 100%) they will!!! Just please....get them that form!! Good luck to you all!

Thank ya'll for the replies. Yes I sent it certified and got the return receipt. I also faxed the completed form. I was fortunate that the va sent me the form. The claim was opened on 10/22/13 and closed on 10/31/13. I should get something in the mail soon. They called it an "Authorization Review"