VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Preparation For Desicion, Going On Week 4!

Rate this question

Scout Swimmer

Question

I know, crazy right. I expected to come back and report "more of the same." I was hoping to see you over in success stories by now, Phil. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Congrats to you Glass! Mine has been in decision approval for over 3 weeks. My vso, American Legion says they can't find out the decision and probably won't know till after I find out. I thought that was a load of bull but, what can ya do...ya know. A big congrats to you tho! It makes my day to see others are getting their claims approved!

Infantry I started with American Legion and it appeared they weren't very responsive OR tied in (can only speak for my local office, of course - there might be some amazing AL reps out there) and I ran into the DAV rep for my area and he asked some really great questions and gave great advice, even tho he wasn't my rep.

So I switched and have been really happy. He wasn't in when I called yesterday, so I called the DAV guys downtown. I know in my area there are American Legion Reps in the downtown office too - working one office over from the raters. So maybe try calling the "regional" Americal Legion office instead of your satalite Rep...

Same to you Navy and Phil - as soon as you get to the pending decion approval phase, call! eBennies STILL says Pending Decision Approval, by the way - so I feel pretty fortunate not to be still hanging.

Good Luck.

Oh I've tried that before. I couldn't get ahold of my local AL office for 2 weeks (they were all on vacation) so I called the regional office that is located in the VA RO here. He cussed me and said, you are military and know the "chain of command" don't call me call your local AL office. I said, I hadn't been able to get in touch with them and he said that didn't matter to not call them. He was a total jerk!!