VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Preparation For Desicion, Going On Week 4!

Rate this question

Scout Swimmer

Question

Hey Infantry,

Thanks for the comment. I know, just keep holding your head up and moving forward right? We have all been told that through out the military. I have two brothers that went Navy, then went National Guard for the last 20-30 years. Oldest brother is Jarhead to the soul. He did his time during Beruit. He is still, and will always be Marine. So my family has been around, dad did his thing in the Navy during Vietnam. Not sure what else to say but THANK YOU to all of my brothers and sisters out there. We are the SHIT right?

Really sorry to hear that - seems like a lot of people here have had bad VSO experiences. It's just weird to me - I just assumed that if you're in that role it's cause you really really want to help vets.

Hey GlassRose,

I am in the RV business at the moment in Florida, let me know what you want and I will get you a great deal brother.

We are the shit, even with our battered bodies. That made me laugh out loud. Thanks!

Looks like I have good news coming but since they plan to keep most of the back pay I'd hoped for I'll be lucky to have enough to keep our house.

Tell you the truth I'd like to give it and most everything else I own away and just hit the highway (my doc says this is an escape fantasy and I that I can't escape my pain or my battered body so I should knock that line of thinking off).

I plan on pursuing that lifestyle still, but for right now I might just have to settle for picking your brain so when I can go for it I know what the hell I'm doing. Right now I only know enough to be dangerous. I really do appreciate the offer.

Edited by GlassRose1500

Hey Infantry,

Thanks for the comment. I know, just keep holding your head up and moving forward right? We have all been told that through out the military. I have two brothers that went Navy, then went National Guard for the last 20-30 years. Oldest brother is Jarhead to the soul. He did his time during Beruit. He is still, and will always be Marine. So my family has been around, dad did his thing in the Navy during Vietnam. Not sure what else to say but THANK YOU to all of my brothers and sisters out there. We are the SHIT right?

Yes...we are the shit!!! Only bad thing is, VA treats us like shit! Lol! I was Army infantry. My wife's grandfather was Marine infantry and fought 2 tours in Vietnam. Regardless of which service we come from we are all brothers and sisters!

Just calked the AL. Guy was a jerk. If he would have talked down to me like so in person, I probably would have caved in his face. Think I'll be switching to DAV.

You too, huh. The way they treat and talk to us is so disrespectful but I promise you this...they wouldn't have enough b...s to be that way to our face! Good luck to you! Hope you get some good news soon!

Glass. The key is to find something you truly love. When the walls come down around me, I get on my Harley and go as hard as I can. It's the one thing that cuts though all the bullshit, and it usually happens at around 90 miles per hour. Infantry. God bless brother. I was with Fox 2nd BN, 1st Mar Div. back in the early 80's better known as 1/9 The Walking Dead. I'm not always proud of this country, sadly. I will always be proud of my time and the outstanding, idealistic, and honorable men I served with. That xxxx xxxx VSO will never know the feeling.