VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebeneifits/ Myhealthyvet

Rate this question

usdart

Question

I don't know if it is new or not, but , I found a way to go directly to myhealthyvet from Ebenefits site without logging in to myhealthyvet.

I also found a way to write in past Military Medical issues on Myhealthyvet that are not currently listed. For example it did not show the Surgery on my Ears I had in Nuremburg in 1973. I also had Surgery on my Sinus's in 1981at Loma Linda. Or that I was shot in the thumb in Viet Nam and refused a Purple heart in 1970. Medics in the field did not keep records, only if you needed to go to the rear area was it noted.

I would have been embarrased to get an award for that with my brothers suffering REAL wounds.

Don't remember all the hoops/links I took to get there but I am sure I can do it again as needed. Just hack around and see what links take you to where.

If everyone already knows this I will feel like a real dummy! :blush:

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The only problem is that whatever you put into MyHeatheVet doesn't get viewed by the VA unless you share it with your doctors at the VAMC/CBOC. It's a great way to keep track of medical information and events, though, in a format designed by the VA. Don't know if it will help or not, but my migraine log is the medical events history feature.

The only exception of which I'm aware is if you send your doctors a message through secure messenger. Then your email shows up in your records. That can be good and bad, so it's wise to be careful exactly what you put in writing.

I found that out about secure messaging.

Do they also document appointment requests and the reasons.

I ask because I am having problems and have requested my Phsyciatrist make an appointment. She sent me one for 3 months from now. Probably too late to help but I will keep it anyway.

My Employer told me in confidence that my job is 'going away'. He will not put it in writing so I can't speed up my Claim without proof.

Really in a pickle cause I don't want to tell my Wife and catch hell, so as with everything I have to keep my mouth shut and take it. It just keeps getting better every day eh?

• HadIt.com Elder

Because the VA does not do its job efficiently is no reason to not get the benefits you earned by your service.