VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Having To Drive Over 350 Miles For A C&p

Rate this question

qwiksting

Question

Hey, I was just informed I will have a C&P for PTSD in Gainesville florida. I live about 350 miles away. I live about 5 miles from the VA center here in my town. But the Army with its wisdom has decided that I can only have this exam in a few select locations here in Florida. Tampa, St. Pete, Orlando, Miami, and of course Gainseville. This will be the third C&P for PTSD for me since the original grant in 05. Recently, I have been awarded Social Security Disability, I was medically retired from my civilian job due to PTSD. I begged the MSC guy to let me take it here in my town, but he said no, those were the authorized locations for the ARMY. Has anyone ever had a C&P at this place?

Extreme anxiety, a little rage going on here now!!!

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I would call the Gainesville C&P office and make sure they arrange for lodging for your stay there at their expense. It is in the reg s somewhere because I had to travel 3 hours to a C&P exam one time and they provided lodging for me. Maybe you could turn this into a vacation.

Happy Trails

• HadIt.com Elder

41.5 X 700 miles is 290.50 with no deductible. That will pay for a Hotel Room and gas and food.

Besides, Florida is flat. No hills to climb. Just watch for Smokey between Ocala and Gainsville.