VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need That Good Old Support Network.

Rate this question

penmar

Question

Hello to all of my brothers and sisters,

I am a veteran from OIF and OND. Been there, got the t-shirt thing. Was at Camp Liberty in Iraq for a year with my older brother. Did a tour in Kuwait in 2010. Kuwait Naval Base. Any who, I have issues. Like many others, I came home a little messed up. No sleep, bad dreams, bad temper, drinking way too much, can not be around a crowd unless I am drinking. I have gotten out of the military on a medical disablility, waiting for DOD to cough up some income, VA is taking thier own sweet time and in the meantime, I am going (gone) broke. We sold the farm, moved to Florida, have the other house in Michigan shut down for the winter....burrrrrr... living in a little trailer in Florida,I am working for a RV dealer, my body can not take the mechanic stuff any longer, wife is working, wolves are at the door........ Yes I know,...... Anywho, I do not have alot of friends, not many family that I can really talk to, so I need you all. Chat when you can.

Mark

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

We had our pre-mediation meeting for our forclosure on the 15th. I'm sure you and I are not alone in this - I'd bet my back pay (if I didn't need it so badly to save our house) that a lot of the folks here have felt or are feeling the fear of losing homes. Of living with that fear, and pain, and guilt. So they understand what you're going through.

Maybe there are some members or guests on the forum from Florida that can help you find local resources to get you through this while you wait for the machine to grind out your claim.

I hope your wife is your everything, as my husband is for me. I hope all of you here have good people around you. I don't know about you guys, but pain and depression make me pretty good at pushing people away.

I haven't posted here a lot, but I've read a lot of threads and penmar, it seems like these folks are pretty damn friendly.

Edited by GlassRose1500

We are with you now and some of us are in similar straights. It seems like we keep snatching defeat from the jaws of success every time. In my case it is there is a dark cloud behind every silver lining.

I don't know how but, I seem to self destruct and lose jobs and relationships. I have had over 50 jobs since I ETS'd in 1975.