VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Am I Entitled To After Being Rated 20%?

Rate this question

ktm rider

Question

Hello,\

I was recently rated at 20% for tinnitus and insomnia. I was denied for hearing loss even though I can't hear squat and I worked on the flight deck of a carrier my whole time in the Navy. But, I already posted questions about that and got some great informative reponses.

I just got my information packet explaining why I was rated where i was rated but it doesn't explain anything else at all.

I guess what I am asking is where do I go from here, and what am I entitled to now that i wasn't entitled to as just a veteran?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Hello,\

I was recently rated at 20% for tinnitus and insomnia.

I guess what I am asking is where do I go from here, and what am I entitled to now that i wasn't entitled to as just a veteran?

ADDITIONAL BENEFITS AVAILABLE FOR SERVICE CONNECTED DISABLED VETERANS

EVALUATION BENEFITS

0% To 20%

Certification of Eligibility for home loan guaranty.

Home loan guaranty fee exemption.

VA Priority medical treatment card.

Vocational Rehabilitation and Counseling under title

38 USC Chapter 31 (must be at least 10%)

Service Disabled Veterans insurance (Maximum of $10,000 coverage) must file within 2 years from date of new

service connection.

10 point Civil Service Preference (10 points added to Civil Service test score).

Clothing allowances for veterans who use or wear a prosthetic or orthopedic appliance (artificial limb, braces, or wheelchair) or use prescribed medications for skin condition, which tend to wear, tear or soil clothing.

Temporary total evaluation (100%) based on hospitalization for a service connected disability in excess of

21 days; or surgical treatment for a service connected disability necessitating at least 1 month of convalescence or immobilization by cast, without surgery of more major joints.