VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What To Do If Currently Employed And Not Doing Well At Work?

Rate this question

vet201060

Question

I am 80% and might be able to get federal disability retirement. I am only 35 years old. I make over $100,000 a year but I dont think I can keep it up. Does anyone know what all my options are for disability and the amounts possible. I have a few claims I would like to reopen also. I am afraid I could lose what I have for no good reason at all. Has anyone else been in my shoes? Any advice on who I can go see to seek help with my claims. VA just does not get it somehow. Thanks!

I am 80% and might be able to get federal disability retirement. I am only 35 years old. I make over $100,000 a year but I dont think I can keep it up. Does anyone know what all my options are for disability and the amounts possible. I have a few claims I would like to reopen also. I am afraid I could lose what I have for no good reason at all. Has anyone else been in my shoes? Any advice on who I can go see to seek help with my claims. VA just does not get it somehow. Thanks!

I'd talk with my docs and see if THEY think I need to leave work

due to SC'd conditions and if they are willing to put it in writing,

would be a big help.

Even maxing VA out- it won't pay anything at all even near 100K a year,

but I don't know what fed. dis. retirement would pay.

JMHO

Vet,

I know how you feel. I resigned last month from a 100K as an Agent for the state Tracking Violent Sex Offenders. As Carlie stated we will be luck to make 40-50k if all disability goes well. I am 31 and the Navy retired me in February at 30, it is hard being disabled at such a young age. We seem to have to fight twice as hard as say a 65 year old Vietnam vet. God bless and good luck in your decision.

Should I put claims in one at a time with my military record showing the onset and current va records showing that I am still being treated? Will it hurt me to just turn one claim in and wait til that is completed by VA before filing another one? I think they get confused when I submit more than one at a time.

Submit one claim with every condition listed that you think are Service Connected. Make sure that you have all the evidence to support each claim. You don't want poor evidence on one condition to slow down a good condition that is well connected. With the VA you will learn what battles to fight. Go for what conditions you think have a good chance of being rated, so you can get some money as soon as possible, Then spend the next few years fighting the small stuff that will help you in the long run. Don't be afraid to list every condition listed on the left side of your medical record, it will state Chronic health conditions. Good luck and keep us posted.

• HadIt.com Elder

Navy04

The VA knows a 65 Vietnam vet is probably so sick when he gets 100% he will be dead in a few years. The 65 year old RVN vet went 30 years with nothing but abuse and neglect and then when he is half dead gets 100%. We RVN vets were 21 years old once, and felt just like you do about WWII vets who ruled the VSO's and ran the VA. I remember one WWII vet telling me we RVN vets were cry babies. Nobody ever told us we were the guys with white hats. We were the official psychos and misfits for the media to feast on, so if we get benefits today we earned them. I don't get my benefits any faster than younger vets to tell the truth. Case in point I have been waiting almost 8 years for one claim.

John

Should I put claims in one at a time with my military record showing the onset and current va records showing that I am still being treated? Will it hurt me to just turn one claim in and wait til that is completed by VA before filing another one? I think they get confused when I submit more than one at a time.

I would study up on FDC's and submit all issues at ONE time, along

with the evidence you have to support your issues.

JMHO