VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Another C & P Exam?

Rate this question

Tinker

Question

I just got off the phone with the rep at the VA who stated that there was a letter sent out for me..QTC scheduled me for another 2 C&P exams to be done in Columbus, Ga. I just did two in September. I filed for IU increase but never heard of having to do this again. Any suggestions as to why this is happening?

Edited by Tinker

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The fear is unless we are 100% permanent there will always be C&P exams, cause they want to dig up a reason to lower are %s or $s. Good luck and keep us posted.

I just got off the phone with the rep at the VA who stated that there was a letter sent out for me.

.QTC scheduled me for another 2 C&P exams to be done in Columbus, Ga. I just did two in September.

I filed for IU increase but never heard of having to do this again. Any suggestions as to why this is happening?

Yes, this does happen.

Just ALWAYS be sure to attend any and all C&P's that have been scheduled.

JMHO

actually, this has become the norm with many claims. When they are being reviewed and the rater/adjudicator needs further explanation or additional tests, they will submit the veteran for additional C/P exams. Think of this as a positive action because someone is working your claim.

The worst thing that you can do is cancel a c/p exam and reschedule it. Almost always, if the veteran fails to show for a c/p exam, the claim is denied and they move on to the next one.

So, my suggestion is when you receive an appointment for a C/P exam, be there and be there at least an hour earlier...

IMHO...I can understand having people take C&P exams in order to re-evaluate their current condition for improvement, but...If those in charge are serious about eliminating the backlog, wouldn't it be smart to focus the time and money on that?? Put a 1-2 year moratorium (sorry if misspelled) on wasting assets in this way and focus on things that HELP veterans. Perhaps I am biased but it seems like the workload is not being prioritized...Hey, it's not a perfect world but those are just some thoughts!