VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exams To Outside Provider

Rate this question

MikeR

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I am sort of curious about how many people have had C&P exams for PTSD with outside providers and what was the outcome if any?

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

MikeR, I just completed (3) C&P exams last week that were done by outside providers. I had (1) for PTSD and the doctor was great, she actually gave me her personal cell phone number and told me to call her if I need anything. I did ask for a copy of the exam but she was unable to provide any details. She called me several times after the exam to make sure I was doing alright.

Edited by jfarr22384

I had a similar experience to jfarr...The Doc was very thorough and it was obvious she cared which was refreshing. Other exams I've taken for other physical conditions were horrible so I wish you good luck. Seems too often to be a "roll of the dice" but it is VITAL to your claim that you don't miss the appointment.

• HadIt.com Elder

Just be careful if the doctor tries to lead you down the "Personality Disorder" path. They do this by asking lots of questions about your childhood, teenage years, drug and alcohol use, legal trouble, trouble in school, abuse from parents or sex abuse from others before the military. Approach these exams with caution. You should tell them your life was great before the military and hell after military experience. These exam doctors are not your friends but not necessarily your enemies either. Leading questions about your personal life before military are give away!

John