VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ime/imo

Rate this question

scooter318

Question

Hi Everyone

I spoke to a lawyer about helping me with my case where the VA denied me for my back claim since I didn't follow up after the accident when I was on active duty back in 2001. The lawyer told me to find a doctor who would be willing to do an IME or an IMO to link my back pains to my military accident. I found a doctor in Fort Worth where I live and I mentioned to the doctor that I was seeing a chiropractor and he told me that he wouldn't be able to make me an appointment to see him until I faxed him over a copy of the treatement record from the chiropractor and then he would make me an appointment to see him.What I wanted to know is this normal for doctors to want to see paperwork from another doctor and if not can anyone recommend a docotor in the DFW area if anyone knows of one who knows how to do a IME or a IMO

Eric

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't think it is normal, but don't mention chiropractors to M.D.'s if you know what is good for you. These guys hate each other. Most M.D.'s think Chiropractors are frauds. Find another doctor.

Thanks John999

I have another question, I just googled doctors who can give IME and IMO and I found 2 of them off of VAWatchdog.com and they both seem really credible and I was going to give one of them call tomorrow. But what I wanted to know is can a doctor give you an IME or IMO if they aren't in the same state as you.

http://www.vawatchdog.org/IME_-_IMO.html

Eric

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, if they have all you SMR's and current medical records. They can review your C-File, SMR's and current records and write an opinion. Or you can go visit them and bring all the records. You must have the records so they can say they reviewed them. I think an IME is stronger than an IMO based just on records with no exam. I could be wrong.

Hi Jbasser

I don't know, I'm going to find out tomorrow when I call them, the lawyer that I'm working with just wants me to find someone that can do it and they told me that they would take it from there.

Eric

John999

I don't have my medical records the lawyer that I'm working with told me that they will get that, the only thing that I have right now is a copy of my C&P exam and the decision that the VA gave when when they awarded me the 10%.

Eric