VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Deferred For Receiving Ssdi

Rate this question

otoolejp

Question

I was awarded 70% SC yesterday (one battle finally won), and the award letter states:

We deferred entitlement to the 100% rate (IU) because you are receiving Social Security Disability benefitis (sic) and we need your records from the social security administration. We will obtain these records for you.

That's all it says about it.

I never filled out the form for IU, and this was on there anyway. Do I need to fill the form out? Does anyone know what records they are getting from the SSA, and how they will affect IU?

I was granted 70% for Shizoaffective disorder claimed as PTSD. Does this just mean that I claimed for PTSD, and they found something else?

I receive SSDI benefits, also for Shizoaffective disorder.

I'm just really scared, stressed out and drained. I thought I was going to be able to take my head off a swivel after my award and spend more time attempting to be happy so my wife wouldn't be so stressed out and worried about me. I could really use some answers/support.

Thanks in advance.

The VA sucks especially with IU claims. I am 100 Temporary VA, yet I am permanent Navy Retired, and approved for SSDI in less than 10 weeks solely on PTSD. Look at all my SC %s, and yet I am temporary. I have a current FDC claim, and when it is complete, I want to file for Permanent 100% VA. A fellow Vet was telling me that I could also file for IU even though I am 100%, is that true?

• HadIt.com Elder

"Vet was telling me that I could also file for IU even though I am 100%"

You can certainly file for it. But, the VA traditionally considers it "moot" when 100% is awarded.

IT would seem that there is an inconsistency in the law and regulations that allows the VA to take this

stand.

PTSD Vets. If you've been through VA PTSD Group etc, the common theme seems to be that PTSD is treatable, not necessarily curable. That in and of itself becomes problematic when a VA rater looks at a Vets IU claim. If there is a possibility of improvement, future Diary Date C&Ps will probably be noted in your C-File. IU with a possible improvement of the primary condition makes for Future Exams and an unlikely T&P rating.

As for Vets receiving SSDI, the VA rater is required to review your Award but that isn't an automatic IU Award. If the rater determines based on your Education or Disability Picture that you can or should be able to earn above the VA Gainful Employment income level of $12,??? per year, you'll get a Denial.

Semper Fi

Gastone

• HadIt.com Elder

I was awarded 70% SC yesterday (one battle finally won), and the award letter states:

We deferred entitlement to the 100% rate (IU) because you are receiving Social Security Disability benefitis (sic) and we need your records from the social security administration. We will obtain these records for you.

That's all it says about it.

I never filled out the form for IU, and this was on there anyway. Do I need to fill the form out? Does anyone know what records they are getting from the SSA, and how they will affect IU?

I was granted 70% for Shizoaffective disorder claimed as PTSD. Does this just mean that I claimed for PTSD, and they found something else?

I receive SSDI benefits, also for Shizoaffective disorder.

I'm just really scared, stressed out and drained. I thought I was going to be able to take my head off a swivel after my award and spend more time attempting to be happy so my wife wouldn't be so stressed out and worried about me. I could really use some answers/support.

Thanks in advance.

This is interesting! Mayo shows Shizoaffective disorder as something that the VA might argue about.

Since PTSD and this disorder are "mental disorders" it would seem to me that the VA's pyramiding

rule might apply. Besides that the VA PTSD rules, etc are in a state of change. Delay in deciding PTSD may

be a result.