VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bradley V. Peake (Statutory Smc (S)

Rate this topic

Let me correct the ratings information in another format, and in the case of increases, I'll just list the increased amount and effective date of the increase:

60% effective 8/27/93

50% effective 8/27/93

40% effective 7/8/03

30% effective 2/4/97

20% effective 8/27/93

20% effective 7/8/03

10% effective 8/27/93

10% effective 8/27/93

10% effective 8/27/93

10% effective 7/13/98

50% effective 10/28/07

30% effective 11/6/07

Those last two ratings are what I consider to be grounds for SMC(s).

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We did try for TDIU, it was denied. He was eventually increased from 50% to 90% schedular back to initial date of claim through the appeals process, then to 100% schedular in 2005 retro to 2003, if I remember correctly. It's the first ten years we've been fussing with them about.

asknod

I was rated 90% for Parkinson disease then i filed for tdiu and it was approved, with back pay to the last day i worked. With my PD, i very seldom get out of the house and va doctor advise me not to drive. Do you think Buie would help me get smc-s.

GOD BLESS

I've discovered it helps to get a nexus letter from a doctor or a statement inserted by a VA doctor into your VISTA file that states in no uncertain terms that you are "Housebound in fact" if you do not drive very frequently and rarely leave home for anything. VA will often defeat this by saying "Yo. Look. He made it to the VAMC for his appts." You have to rebut that with statements from spouse/ children or friends saying they transport you because you, yourself, cannot. Be prepared for a lot of back pressure before they relent. PD is one tough cookie for VA to argue against though. Shoot. I only got Porphyria from eating Orange juice. You got screwed in the disease lottery.

a

clear prop