VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu-Future Review

Rate this question

ncjoe1970

Question

Just logged into Ebenefits and it states this on my benefit summary letter:

You are not considered to be permanently disabled due to your service-connected disabilities because your case is scheduled for review on: November 01, 2016

and

You are not considered to be permanently disabled due to your service-connected disabilities at this time because you are scheduled for a future reduction in rating on: November 01, 2016

Was rated TDIU on 11/01/2011

Called and was told I would receiving a letter from the DRO explaining it. I advised that I did not receive my yearly review letter from the VA, so I downloaded and printed my own, faxed and mailed it. He said they stopped taking that letter a couple of years ago in most states, first I heard of this.

Anyone else ever get anything similar to this ? Something sounds wrong here to me. Maybe I'm just paranoid and need advice...

Edited by ncjoe1970

You shouldn't worry too much right now. Sounds like the VA is telling you that you are good to go til 2016. Then they will re-examine you to see if your sc'd conditions have improved or gotten worse. Between now and then, if your conditions worsen, file for an increase and P&T.

Johnjjr,

Thanks for your reply. I have not been able to sleep because of this. The 8008271000 number rep would not go into this over the phone because I don't have the letter yet from the DRO. I filed an 1151 against my psychiatrist for highly over medicating me on Xanax for years, causing a severe Grand Mal Seizure disorder back in 2006. The case was dismissed because I refused to give them the names of the staff that got me away from the doctor. It was my word against his, and I felt the people that got me away from him saved my life and was not going to jeopardize their careers for saving me. Then this comes up two days ago and it made me paranoid as hell. My conditions have gotten worse, and I filed for Bi-polar secondary to my PTSD rating three weeks ago. They already have me scheduled at the WSOPC for my C&P exam next Friday. This is a fast track claim, but they have never been this fast on anything.

Edited by ncjoe1970

• HadIt.com Elder

They actually told you that they stopped sending the letters? They are baiting you into not sending it back.

Per VA the only IU have you been working letters are for pensions only. Not VA comp.

I have learned not to trust them and send everything in. The guy I spoke with said each state was different. When I asked why this was not told to me before now, he advised they have 54 different offices and you never know which region your going to get when dialing the 800 number. My yearly letter was sent out last year in October. By November 1, I had still not received it, so I downloaded it , faxed and mailed it myself a month ago. When I called last week they said it could take up to 75 days to scan it in the system. Then I get the guy telling me North Carolina stopped sending the letter. I stopped trusting them long ago and cover my 6 always.

Continuing Requirements for IU Award:

After the initial IU award has been made, the veteran must submit a VAF 21-4140, Employment Questionnaire, on a yearly basis to certify continuing unemployability. The VAF 21-4140 is required unless the veteran is 70 years of age or older, has been in receipt of IU for a period of 20 or more consecutive years (as provided at 38 CFR 3.951(b)), or has been granted a 100 percent schedular evaluation. The form is sent out annually to the veteran from the Hines Information Technology Center and must be returned to the regional office. It requests that the veteran report any employment for the past 12 months or certify that no employment has occurred during this period. The VAF 21-4140 includes a statement that it must be returned within 60 days or the veteran’s benefits may be reduced.

Check the Fast Letter link below for additional info:

http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=3920

Hope this helps.

LC