VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Outsider Finally Stepping In...

Rate this question

Tashfish

Question

Good evening everyone! I stumbled upon this site some time ago while doing research for my own ongoing claim, and after fighting with the captcha-lol-I finally joined after following you all to the point that I feel as if I know you! Let me say that being a vet of 12 yrs now working as a govt contractor, I admire the support everyone offers to each other here. I feel that now that I am a "civilian" my military counterparts (some not all) don't look at us as in the same boat anymore sadly, and one thing I always loved abt being in the military WAS that sense of family! Anywhoo, I am into my 8th month of what was supposed to have been a FDC. My VARO is St. Pete's, and after my last C&P in the beginning of Nov, I was surprised to see my claim speed up in Dec. A decision was made on the 4th and Peggy says I'm still in prep for notification! I'm getting nervous! Everyone else seems to have gotten theirs closed out a couple days or so after! Any ideas? This is my first ever claim and I had 4 issues put in.

@Broncovet-I gave them all of my Dependant and bank info in the beginning but from what I've read here,that may not mean anything! My status also said evidence requested not received, but then all the evidence listed shows as received! Anyone ever seen this? If I do get a rating for my contentions (4 total) if I'm correct my DOD rating for depression would be deducted from anything I receive for the same issue, but that they can't touch the others? @slo-uuugghhh please don't say that I'm already nervous at thinking what's going on, or NOT going on at Pete's!

Uuuuuugggghhhhhh!!!!! Never mind! I just checked ebenefits and it just jumped back to pending decision approval again! *sigh* I think this is my cue to step away from ebenefits for a while, I think the finish line is a lot further away than I thought!

@N.Kelly-hahahahaha yes I don't know what happened, I was struggling with it for a while! Thanks everyone, I've been watching Ebenefits more and its painful! Lol. I wasn't even sure how this claim would go! I've been out for 7 years already and was MEB'd for major depression at 10 percent DOD rating. I foolishly thought that was my VA rating and never did anything.

I received a severance pay but I hadn't expected to get anything from VA.

Although I've managed my condition without meds-ok maybe wine helps-but I've never really been able to afford regular therapy after getting out. Uuuugghhh, I'm hating this part of the process....

When everything goes thru, whatever SC evaluation you receive, the amount they paid

you in severance will have to be repaid, from your VA disability compensation.

Tash,

Welcome to the family...Hope you get a "Happy Envelope" very soon. Not a fun process as you have learned but just think of all the fine wines you will have a chance to sample as you pass the time waiting on Uncle Sam!

LC