VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nod Timeline For Va To Respond

Rate this question

vern2

Question

Is there a timeline for VA to respond to my NOD. I filed via Certified mail and they received it on October 7, 2013. I know that VA is somewhat strict on Vets filing various claims, etc, but what about the VA time to respond?

Vern2

Nope they can take as long as they want. They can even lie to you about the status with no repercussions. Heck they can even lie to a Congressman about the status free from repercussion.

I wouldn't expect to see anything until about mid January and then you will get a form letter stating they have received your NOD. If you havn't aleady told them you want a traditional appeal or DRO you will be asked to make that decision at that time.

Have any good hobbies? It is going to take a while!

It can take from a few months up to 2 years bud. God bless and wish you the best. I have a FDC and SSDI claim currently and cause of the Holidays it will delay most claims. Good luck

Guess why I am wondering is the eBenefits section has my case as listed on Appeal, when that Has not happened yet, just sent a NOD, which will lead to an appeal. Of course eBenefits and VARO do not seem to communicate or it is a one way street, VA will upload to eBennies, but not the other way. Yes, I have learned to be patient. My first claim was filed on 03, finally settled in July 07. So this claim for an increase was filed in July 12, should be settled in 2016!

The VSO sent a 21-4138 on 01/2013 disputing the denial I received the same month and the VSO sent in additional evidence showing clear diagnosis of ptsd by va psychiatrist and va staff psycholofist and CAR 10/07/2013.How long should I follow up the VSO and will sending in additional evidence effective my original claim sent 09/2011 for retro compensation? Also approx. do you think I will get an answer from the vet admin. Thanks again

Edited by stebarbar

• HadIt.com Elder

You have already been denied once so I would send in all the evidence I could get that will really help my case now. There is no way to tell how long the VA will take to get an answer from the VA.

Vern,

Since you indicated you have been watching eBenefits, a lot of what is in eBenfits is affected by how/when your Local VARO enters or updates data. You may see an entry that says it is pending with the BVA when it is not. Don't rely on eBenefits as a primary source of information, you need to triangulate physical letters received, exams you have done or that are requested, IRIS inquiries and last of all phone conversations with VA. All of this information taken together will give you an idea of what is going on. If you are in doubt if VA has received something send it in again certified mail return receipt requested.