VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nod Timeline For Va To Respond

Rate this question

vern2

Question

Is there a timeline for VA to respond to my NOD. I filed via Certified mail and they received it on October 7, 2013. I know that VA is somewhat strict on Vets filing various claims, etc, but what about the VA time to respond?

Vern2

Still no response to my October 2013 NOD, I have filed another CUE due to missing documentation "material facts", but heard nothing from RO. Would like to get this resolved B4 I die, since I am 66. If this drags on for 7-8 years or longer then the VA wins, as probably dead by then!

vern2

Don't feel bad Vern,

I filed an NOD in Nov. 2012 & it has showed pending on E Benifits ever since I filed.

I get the same canned response when I send Iris requests. Its no fun playing in their

park when the game is rigged. :ohmy:

Bob K

Don't feel bad Vern,

I filed an NOD in Nov. 2012 & it has showed pending on E Benifits ever since I filed.

I get the same canned response when I send Iris requests. Its no fun playing in their

park when the game is rigged. :ohmy:

Bob K

yes, and IRIS manager tells me that VA post on eBenefits posts come from the RO handling your claim:(

Some movement on my NOD, but it may be sideways :wacko:

Response from IRIS on 9 June 2014 on status of my NOD, sent 30 September 2013 and received by VA on 7 October 2013.

This is in response to your inquiry to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) dated May 31, 2014.

We are forwarding this inquiry to our St. Petersburg Regional Office as your election of a de novo review by the Decision Review Officer (DRO). They will contact you regarding this matter.

We received your Notice of Disagreement (NOD) on October 7, 2013. You elected a review by a decision review officer (DRO). Right now, your appeal is awaiting that review.

If we need additional information, we will notify you. If we do not need any additional information, the DRO will render a decision, and you will receive written notification.

The processing of an NOD averages about 377 days. The length of time it takes to process your NOD depends on the specifics of your case and VA’s pending workload.

We are grateful for the service our Veterans have performed for our country, and thankful for their sacrifice.

Thank you for contacting us. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message or see our other contact information below.

Sincerely yours,

C. Boyd
National IRIS Response Center Manager

heard nothing from RO on CUE or NOD. Same old story. Another question I had received response of average wait time of 8 months for normal claims vs 377 days for NOD.

The National IRIS Response Center Manger real name is Peggy

so who the heck is C. Boyd that signs the email?