VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeals Setting At Ro 3 Years

Rate this question

RUREADY

Question

Hello everyone, I have an appeals that's been setting at the RO 3 years now and everyone I call

cant tell me or my attorney why it is still there. So I contacted my congressman for some help

and got a letter from the RO and this is what it said

The file show u revoke DAV on 11-29-11 and change to an Attorney. How ever the system shows the POA

was changed back to DAV on 11-24-12 but there is no VA Form21-22 (Appointment of veteran Service

Organization as Claimant Representative) of record with that date. We have left message for the DAV

representative who submitted it but no response.

Why in the world would they not call me or my Attorney I have not seen or been to DAV in 3 years Just

waiting for a decision and DAV much want the credit for it. At least the Congressman got some attention

and maybe a decision in another 3 years. Thanks RU

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Did anyone notice that the VA never really explained why the file was still sitting after three years. They successfully changed the subject to representation. My RO is currently trying to pull the what appeals game, but i have the mailing receipts for the form 9's and transcripts from the DRO hearings. They have about 60 days to figure it out before I file a writ for their illegal actions in setting aside an appeal and refusing to work it. I imagine after I file, they will decide that I do have pending appeals, and then just say they are being worked and I should be patient.

2014 could be an interesting year.