VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

You Must View This!

I hear you loud and clear Hamslice. I have been let down by the DAV and I am quickly learning that many of the other "big" groups are nothing more than money making organizations that are more interrested in serving their own interests than the common vet. Yes, I know there are always exceptions and don't want to badmouth or lump everyone in that category. People will make their own decisions on what "group" they choose to align themselves with.

Senator Kay Hagen from NC claims to have voted for the "compromise agreement" only because she was contacted by an active duty General who claims the current sequestion takes away from supplying our deployed forces what they need to do their mission in Afghanistan. The whole "sequestion" cuts are a result of disfunctional govt not being able to pass a budget in the first place! So we have spent our way into massive national debt. Wouldn't it make more sense then to say that we cannot AFFORD to be in Afghanistan anymore and apply that $$ to our debt?? Then there's the million $$ parking garage that gets funding without question under this budget agreement but military retirees, wounded vets, etc. must have their promised COLA reduced?? Seems like we, as a Nation, need to re-examine our PRIORITIES. Despite the craziness of it all I am still proud to have served my Country but feel very let down.

Just my thoughts...not a political endorsement or condemnation of any political party.

LC

OK - the topic is of record for members to read and see that

benefit cuts are a possibility.

hadit is not here as an avenue for discussion on the gooberments

sequestration or it's general disfunction.

There are many other websites to discuss the pro's and con's of

those issues.

Lets try to keep working towards getting claim issues and benefits granted.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Understood, however, some of us believe it is equally important to work together to prevent CUTS to vet's benefits.

As you wish...enough said...I will not comment any further.

LC

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Watched video... (shakes head)

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE... I guess either we bitc@$d loud enough, or...They realized we weren't going to stand for this, or...They realized they weren't going to get re-elected if something wasn't done to fix the COLA reduction. (most likely the combo of the 3)

Keep your fingers crossed and maybe this will get passed before January 15, 2014...

Here's a link to what my Senator from NC has proposed:

http://www.hagan.sen...release&id=2542

I NEED YOUR HELP: Please consider taking a few moments to send your elected officials a short email this week. Tell them you will not vote for them in the next election unless they repeal this preposterous cut to our COLA. We have one shot at this everyone...make our voices loud & clear!

Thank you so much.

LC

Edited by Loose Cannon