VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Improvement Though Iris...

Rate this question

Loose Cannon

Question

Not sure anyone knows (or has the time to do this) but you can actually make suggestions on improving the features, functions, and info on the ebenefits website. I can bitch & moan pretty good (as my Hadit family knows!) and often wonder why the VA doesn't make obvious fixes to make the site better. Here's what I see as a chance to make positive impact on a system that will affect future veterans. I say this with a lot of hope...hope that if we take the time to voice constructive criticism via an IRIS, it will be considered by the web developers responsible for such improvements. I don't think an IRIS full of curse words and accusations would go far in our quest to make things better...I'm sure the VA gets plenty of that already!!

For those who never filed an IRIS before, it is very self explanitory and has drop down boxes and a section for comments. The VA usually has a week or so to reply. Yes, many report having never gotton a reply or a computer form letter reply. But, by going this route we will be documenting our ideas "on the record" so to speak. Bottom line is that anyone can complain but the VA cannot improve this "mess" unless they know what's on our mind. Our bodies may have been broken over the years but our minds still are capable of doing great things. Hope you will consider doing this if time permits you. Maybe, just maybe it can make someone's life 5-10 years from now better.

I want to wish everyone out there a very Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Kwanza, or whatever occassion it is you celebrate! Also hope 2014 is a great year for us all. This community is a valuable part of my life because of you all!!!

LC

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question