VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dapsone

Rate this topic

I was just wondering if anyone has ever taken Dapzone for anything, it is mainly used to treat Leprosy, but my VA Doctor is going to use it to treat the sores on my head, that I have had, ever since coming home from Vietnam in 1970. It started out just like teenage acne, then progress to sores, with blood and pus, have been on some form of Penicillin for 30 years, my VA Derm. Doctor called it Focculitis for 22 years, I was treated with Accuntane in 1994, for 3 months, the sores cleared up for 2 weeks, then came back worst then they were before. Accuntane is suppose to be for severe Acne. Now my primary VA care Doctor, says my sores isn't acne, but just a skin infection, unknown cause. It seems, I am just a guinea pig, for the doctors to try pills on, have been on some form of penicillin and other medicines and salves for 30 years. I have tried to get service-connected for this condition from agent Orange, but with no result, as I never filed within one year of leaving Vietnam, trouble is, I didn't know about agent orange until 10 years after leaving Vietnam, so they got you coming and going. If I could I would sue the VA for wrongful medical diagnose, in treating me for acne for 36 1/2 years, then all of a sudden, stating I don't have acne, even after using that nasty Accuntane.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic