VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Spine Clinics And Referrals To Spine Care Center Hubs

Rate this topic

I have a question. I went to a civilian Dr prior to going to VA to get documentation on my back problems prior to submitting a claim on my service connected injury. My Civilian Dr did an MRI  and X-rays and diagnosed me with arthritis throughout my back and degenerative disks L1-L4 in my lower back. I had my comp claim approved.  My VA spine rehab Dr. Says it's all in my head and he disagrees with my civilian Dr. On the degeneration and herniated disk and arthritis. Keeps saying they will manage my pain to get me to retirement. I am on Gabopentin and Diclofenac and an Acetmidaphen regime. But I also take 4 other meds to combat side affects for high blood pressure, heart burn, and high pulse rate plus sometimes ED. He will not fill the paperwork out for a medical discharge. I could care less about making 20yrs if I am unable to enjoy my kids growing up. I can't golf anymore with them and run and play. What do I do I can't afford the civilian Dr anymore as my wife is no longer active do to toxic leadership and is having problems finding work. Please some advice I know the pain is not in my head.

Are you still in currently? Where are you in the separation/medical retirement process?  If he will not help you find another doc ( I would report him to the chain of command/ Inspector General or similar)  Find another doctor who will actually perform his job. There are ways to combat his attitude. I would very much care about the 20 years you have in don't give that up you have worked hard for that.

If you can't find a doc, then I would seek to try to get and Independent Medical Examination and/or Independent Medical Opinion. If your just needing an opinion on your back that can be done.  From above it doesn't sound like you just have one condition but you need to start getting records together, getting evidence to support the degree of disabilities.  Figure out your game plan.

With benefits I do see your point, however, don't throw away your good service.  There are options there but I can understand your position. Find a way to gather funds to get an independent medical opinion and/or exam if you have no luck with the doctors there.  You gave up your golf fees I imagine you can find a way to budget for and IME/IMO exam or opinion.  Use your funds from your approve claim to facilitate that. Find a way.  I mean try to find the most cost effective way to get that opinion/exam but this will help you in your pursuits, try another doc, but if needed find a way to get and IME/IMO. I would very much care about the 20 years you have in don't give that up you have worked hard for that.

This is just my take from your post.  Just my opinion as well. 

Also this post if fairly old, I would make a new post to get some opinions out there.  More eyes will see your post if you start a new one.  These are just suggestions but hang in there, more people will chime in.  

Good luck.

Thanks I will start a new post. I am still in I care about my 20 but as a injured combat Vet I am over my 18.5yrs so a medical still gives me 20 I guess. Just tired of hurting all the time and now other issues are arising. Thank You