VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nod Form 21-0958 And Call Option?

Rate this question

TiredCoastie

Question

There was a box on the standard NOD form that asked if I would ike to receive a telephone call or email from the RO which explained that they would attempt to call twice at the phone number provided. I checked the "yes" block and gave them all the contact information. Guess I'll be carrying around a copy of my NOD for a while. Also guessed it couldn't hurt to have someone call and acknowledge they're actually reading the form.

What can someone expect from this type of contact from the RO? Didn't see anything posted in the forums...

they might do what my service officer does. wait till 2 minutes till 5 oclock , call, and say HELLO , HELLO, I CANT HEAR YOU SIR, HELLO. (all the while I can hear him fine and he can hear me).. Then he hangs up the phone I call right back, no answer.

I call the next morning, he is " with another veteran or away from his desk"/ I yada yada yada.

Ive given up hope with this ding a ling, its more for entertainment purposes now, and seeing how much " ducking" ingenuity he can concoct.

Guess just a mental process of satisfaction. Like when POW s imagine thier captors faces as animals. The rat, the pig, the beaver.

I picture my SO as mr. potatohead.

Evidently according to the secretary theres a rule at the SO they are required to call u back within 24 hours. So

just so this potato head can say he called back, He calls but acts like he cant hear me at 2 minutes to 5.

Edited by 63SIERRA

Not much I can do about the confusion or amount of time, but there wasn't anything left that I felt I could do at this point anyway. I can either wait forever for something that won't happen or try to make something happen and still wait a long time. It's now on the RO to untangle and keep straight the file, the claim, and the appeal. Hopefully the newly implemented computer systems and computer files will make a difference.

RIGHT ON BRO.

They will be chewing on 13 claims ive filed, and I will fight them until I win. Ive been waiting since 96 so who cares anymore. Maybe if they quit denying legitimate claims, they wont pile up so much. They arent confused, they just cant come up with reasons to deny as fast, as if they were acknowledging the truth, The more they fabricate and lie the more convoluted the claim, and claims become, until they are a huge mess. then they try to make the vet go away, are pass the claim to the BVA. The BVA see what theyre doing, and sends it back to them. Then it sits. They still hope u go away or die.

My opinion based on what ive observed.

Edited by 63SIERRA

"Stump the Chump" thats good, however I think most of the time the players are us Vets and Peggy ends up being the chump because they cant answer question one that isn't on thier phone script cards!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

I have found that if you concentrate on one claim that can get you 100% that is the way to go. Get 100% and then as a hobby you can pursue other claims. Every RVN vet can pursue agent orange claims because we are all going to die from it eventually.

Would love to have done that, John. Not trying to break the bank or cause too much confusion, but I really feel like I got put into a box by the VSO. They talked me into submitting a subsequent claim to have a denial rethought using new and material evidence. The NSO said it would take 6 months...which was up almost three months ago. So with the RO still working the "request for reconsideration" claim, the time ran out to save the claim that was denied. I felt like I had to appeal or give up and accept whatever they wanted to give me, which easily could have been nothing. Then I'd really be stuck. So at least this gives a fighting chance.

Of course, all this happened before I found hadit.com. Thanks to the education you all have provided me, I'd have simply submitted a NOD after gathering N&ME on those conditions alone. Given another two to five years for the appeal to clear, I'd start the process with my knee. This is a personal issue with my ability to hear...I've already got VA hearing aids thanks to the 60% combined rating and any rating above zero isn't going to amount to much in the complex VA math anyway. If I don't get them to acknowledge the military left me less than whole now on this issue, I think I'm about out of opportunities. I don't have a presumptive card in my hand to throw.

The subsquent "request for reconsideration" claim is in the rating phase right now, so my hope is that someone with a clue will decide to keep that process moving forward rather than derail it to start another reconsideration given the NOD - just add in the informal claim date. Of course, that's too easy, so of course they'll tangle everything all up. I had hoped when the "request for reconsideration" was submitted that they would have decision by October giving enough time to submit a NOD on anything to which the RO did not SC or rate properly within the year of the decision I'm attempting to overturn. Of course, that's too easy...everything always has to be the hardest way.

So here I am struggling through the briars and brambles rather than taking the blazed trail. John, you should have been at my TAPS class...