VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu And New Claims

Rate this question

TLaff

Question

I have 30% cervical, 20% lumbar, 70% major depression due to spine, 30% migraines and daily headaches (and i need to update my profile i know and will) Im affraid that if i apply for Tdiu and get it they will at a later date say im better and lower my depression just to avoid Tdiu and I know right now i can ask for an increase on my cervical that would raise it to a 60 0r 50% and my lumbar to 40%.

Question should i ask for an increase before going for Tdiu or should i file for Tdiu and still ask for increases?????

TLaff

Forgot ...here is the TDIU form at bottom of this topic:

:

Question 18 ...if you get SSDI solely for your SCs, check yes and refer to the SSDI award under # 25 Remarks....

(there is very little room there so best to refer them under # 25 and add an additional page with your name , address, and C file number on it.)

# 25 Remarks, if the VA Voc Rehab ever turned you down solely due to your SCs, tell the VA that and give them approximate date.

( and contact VA Voc Rehab for your Voc Rehab records or attach any copy of any documentation you have from them stating the same thing.)

If your SC meds give you side affects that can hinder employability (such as ,do not take and drive, causes confusion, causes sleepiness, or sleeplessness etc etc – the side affects are often with the meds on a print out or you can get printouts from any good Med web site ) tell the VA that too.

Refer in # 25 any attachments you send with the form and sign,copy, and mail to VA with a proof of mailing.

(I always send stuff by priority mail with a PO tracking slip and then a few days later I go to the USPS site and I get a hard copy printout of the proof that it was received by the VARO.)

Forgot ...here is the TDIU form at bottom of this topic:

:

Question 18 ...if you get SSDI solely for your SCs, check yes and refer to the SSDI award under # 25 Remarks....

(there is very little room there so best to refer them under # 25 and add an additional page with your name , address, and C file number on it.)

# 25 Remarks, if the VA Voc Rehab ever turned you down solely due to your SCs, tell the VA that and give them approximate date.

( and contact VA Voc Rehab for your Voc Rehab records or attach any copy of any documentation you have from them stating the same thing.)

If your SC meds give you side affects that can hinder employability (such as ,do not take and drive, causes confusion, causes sleepiness, or sleeplessness etc etc – the side affects are often with the meds on a print out or you can get printouts from any good Med web site ) tell the VA that too.

Refer in # 25 any attachments you send with the form and sign,copy, and mail to VA with a proof of mailing.

(I always send stuff by priority mail with a PO tracking slip and then a few days later I go to the USPS site and I get a hard copy printout of the proof that it was received by the VARO.)