VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Examiner Notes Seem Bad

Rate this question

USARMY_68W

Question

I am currentley rated at 100% PTSD 20 % Right Shoulder. I requested P&T after reading the eaminers notes I am concerend should I be ?

Veteran appears stabilized on a consistent medication regimen, and his
participation in treatment as proven to be beneficial overall.
Self-report test scores included BAI = 34, BDI-II = 40, and PCLM = 73.
These scores reflect the occurrence of moderate anxiety, severe depressive
symptoms, and noteworthy PTSD symptomatology. However, veteran's
presentation during the evaluation and the description he provided of
his
day-to-day activities indicated functioning not consistent with the
above-mentioned level of symptoms. Careful scrutiny of this discrepancy
is recommended as a result.

So if I even try to be productive around the house and help out when I can I feel like I will be punshished

"Careful scrutiny of this discrepancy is recommended as a result."

That doesn't sound good. But then again, he also said treatment has been beneficial. If treatment is beneficial, wouldn't you be able to function better sometimes, even though you have extreme symptoms at other times?

• HadIt.com Elder

Sounds like something could be up. You don't state your age or how long you've been 100%? I suspect they may try to reduce you, somewhere down the line, and may be setting the stage for that or the examiner is actually stating he/she thinks you're embellishing your problems. Usually an examiner just goes w/what the previous examiner says. jmo

pr

Do you receive weekly or monthly treatment for PTSD? Whatever the case, I would be very up front with the doctor(s) who see you regularly and tell them what this recent C&P examiner wrote. Ask them if based on them if they agree/disagree with these opinions. Ask them to write a short statement that in THEIR opinion, more accurately reflects your symptoms & conditions. If there is a particular symptom you want in their statement, ask them if they would include it. Do it on a VA "Statement in Support of Claim" Form and ensure it is filed asap...Providing you agree with it of course. If you don't agree, perhaps you and your doc can "fine-tune" it to a useful statement.

You may have had a "good day" when the C&P evaluation was done but it might not be an accurate picture of how things are really going for you. I hope this helps and that you receive your just benefits but in the meantime...expect the best but prepare for the worst!

LC

Edited by Loose Cannon

• HadIt.com Elder

Start looking for an IME doctor. What the VA doctor said about you is not good. I don't know if it will affect your rating. I would start seeing a private doctor and get some records ready to fight what this VA clown has said. A VA C&P exam doctor once said I was a psychopathic personality during an exam. It did not affect my rating. The VA just continued it so I guess it did affect my rating since I was asking for an increase. I have had exam doctors say I was actually faking it because I had a B.A. in Psychology, so you are not alone with this crap. I kept my rating. I was only rated 30% and they were trying to take that away from me.

John

you need to keep in mind, everything you say is being jotted down in the nurse office, doctors office , ect. If you go in thier like your on top of the world, and life is great, they are going to slam you. you are 100 percent. that is serious PTSD. If you dont display serious PTSD, they will take your benefits from you sooner or later. When they ask you how you feel, tell them abt the worst youve felt in the recent past. Did something pop in your head that disturbed you? thats what you want to tell them abt.

The doc who saw you shoulkd know that the medication can give moments of feelings of wellbeing, and as a human being, you are trying to put on your best face, just for your own sense of wellness.

Have you ever thought of keeping a journal. Maybe write down how you feel day to day, and give that to your doc. then they could see the whole picture, not just a 10 minute snapshot of your life.