VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fully Developed Claim Question

Rate this question

derenick52

Question

Hey All,Am currently rated at 90% COMBINED With 100% UNEMPLOYABILITY Since 2001,my right hip is 20%-Had my hip replaced in June,called the Disabled American Veterans Service officer in May-to file for Surgery convalescence rating for 13 months-which will take the 20% TO 100% and then to a minimum of 30% After 13 months-she said she is sending me the FULLY DEVELOPED CLAIM form and it should take a couple of months to process,and to submit my Surgery report,Did this about a week after surgery,obtained a E Benefit password in August and was listed as a Traditional claim,the DAV told me there was a error in processing,contacted my Senators office to check into the situation-SEE FIRST Attachment from Va and Second attachment from Senators office,this Claim would take me to AID AND ATTENDANCE-100% plus a additional 60%,For which I Qualify,then last week received a letter from Regional office- claim is delayed again,contacted the DAV as to what is happening-their response-SEE 3RD Attachment,The Va is now saying I am NOT eligible for FDC Claim Process since I am already receiving 100% Rate-?? I read the FDC Rules-says it can be used for surgery convalescence and Aid and attendance claims-?? Anybody had any experience with a claim like this-? THANKS For any advice,Happy New year

Scan0004.pdf

Scan0005.pdf

Scan0006.pdf

Scan0007.pdf

Scan0008.pdf

Scan0011.pdf

Scan0001.pdf

Scan0002.pdf

Scan0003.pdf

Edited by derenick52

FIGURED OUT THE DELETE OPTION,REPOSTED WITHOUT NAME/ADDRESS-WHEN I CALLED THE DAV SERVICE OFFICER IN MAY BEFORE JUNE SURGERY-SHE PULLED UP MY RECORD-QUOTE-YOU ARE ALREADY THERE FOR THE SURGERY CONVALESCENCE AND AID/ATTENDANCE BENEFIT-SUBMIT THE FDC CLAIM FORM WITH SURGERY REPORT TO HER-SHOULD TAKE ABOUT 3 MONTHS-THEY KNOW YOU NEED THE EXTRA FUNDS WHILE RECOVERING QUOTE-LATER IN SEPTEMBER I RECONFIRMED THIS WITH HER TO BE SURE IT WAS A VALID CLAIM-AGAIN-SHE CONFIRMED IT WAS-IF SHE WAS WRONG HOW THE HECK IS SHE REPRESENTING VETERANS CLAIMS,WILL BE TALKING TO HER SUPERVISOR,JEEZ,THANKS FOR THE HELP

We're here to help if we can. I don't consider myself a subject matter expert by any means but I won't hesitate to assist anyone if I see something that stands out as "wrong"...We have to look out for each other and generally speaking, the folks on this site do an excellent job of that!

Don't panic. You're doing the best you can. Hope and wish you the best as you move forward brother.

LC

JUST TALKED TO DAV WESTERN REGION HEADQUARTERS IN DENVER FOR THERE OPINION-HE STATED I WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR SMC-S-FOR 13 MONTHS-100% FOR HIP PLUS AT LEAST ANOTHER 60%,THEN WILL GO BACK TO 100% UNEMPLOYABILITY AT THE END OF 13 MONTHS-THE HIP IS RATED 20% NOW-WILL GO TO A MINIMUM OF 30% AT THAT TIME,WHICH WILL STILL KEEP ME AT 90% COMBINED RATE COULD GO TO 100% IF EVER END UP IN WHEELCHAIR UNABLE TO WALK,THANKS AGAIN

I would like to know what regulation they are giving you this information. If what you say is true and you receive it, let me know, I have many veterans around here that didn't receive anything because they were rated at 100%, this will be interesting to say the least. Until someone can show me in the regulation, I stand by my previous comment....

Hey,see Scan 7/8/11-this is what I filed under-when I got home yesterday the Dav Supervisor left me a message that this is a Valid claim-so that will be 3 Service officers to verify this,he also said that as of January 1st the VA has changed the processing time for a FDC to around 275 days,Traditional claim around 320 days,so my claim should come up around May sometime,will POST there decision when received,this would be a SMC/S award,so will see what happens,said to them I would withdraw claim if not a sure win,had enough appeals in my life.Thanks,The SCANS are listed on Original posting