• hate-ads-subscribe-now.jpg

• Ad
  • Ad
  • 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading
  • Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

• Ad
Sign in to follow this  

Farmed Out?

Just checked Ebennies this Morn and it shows my file Has been moved to Phoenix from Seattle.

Seattle is my RO so I am guessing they farmed me out due to backlog in Seattle.

I am taking this as a good sign that maybe there will be some activity since I have been at 'review of evidence' for 6 months.

Any thoughts?

• Your Designated Power of Attorney

• Regional Office of Jurisdiction: help_icon.gif

The Regional Office of Jurisdiction is the station that has primary authority over your claim and permanent jurisdiction of your claim folder.

• Temporary Office of Jurisdiction: help_icon.gif

In an effort to expedite the processing of your claim, we have temporarily sent your folder to a different Regional Office that will have authority over this specific claim only.

• Send Documentation To

Department of Veterans Affairs Regional Office
    Regional Office
    Henry M. Jackson Federal Building
    915 Second Avenue
    Seattle, WA 98174

Edited by usdart

5 answers to this question

The same thing happen to me. Mine was sent to Nashville from LA, and sure enough it was a good thing. My claim in LA had been on going for almost 3 years, and once it was moved to Nashville I had a rating within 3 months.

Hope your's gets done soon.

Good Luck.

Sounds like a POSITIVE to me!

So you got a Rating after it was moved.

Did you already have your C&P before it was moved?

I ask because I have not had one as yet.

Thanks Aggie

Edited by usdart

Actually, I had already received 90% and all C&P exams had been completed. The reason my claim continued was because of my left eye being blind and had other issues with it and they weren't certain how to rate the eye. But when it was moved to Nashville there they rated me at 100% P&T which closed my claim within a couple of months .

Good Luck, Please don't hesitate to ask me for any other information. I'll be more than happy to try and answer any questions you might have.

Thank you..

I am trying to find out if the C&P is done at which level of the eight. My claim is at Review of evidence and I would like to find out if the C&P is done before this level or during. Or possibly the claim will be kicked backwords for some of the claims and an decision made on others.

I have 4 things I applied for.

If this confuses you then join the club, I don't know what the heck they are doing.

during the review of evidence, if someone at the VA determines that they need a clarification additional x-rays, mri's or any other tests they will notify the VA. Normally the C/P exams are prompted during the development phase.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Andyman73
      Recently I was DX and granted SCD for PTSD due to personal trauma (MST). I have also noticed a dramatic reduction in performance capabilities as well. I have not mentioned this to any of my doctors, VA or private. It's been hard enough to admit to the MST, without having to add the ED to it. But I've reached a point where I can no longer ignore it.  I'm only 44 years old and have far too much life left to live to continue ignoring the ED. I'd like to hear any suggestions or guidance as to the best way to file a claim for this as secondary to my SCD PTSD. Any and all suggestions from all parties are welcome. Also, should I start with making an appointment with my PCP?  Thank you to all who read and respond to this delicate and humbling matter.
      Semper Fi
    • By tazntaylr
      I have been working with a VSO to file my claim. I am currently in the process of gathering information. Only thing, file for MST with PTSD or file PTSD. VSO was hung up on the sexual part of MST.
      Was in service 1991-2000. In 1995 was involved with a female soldier, who also was involved with another male (married) soldier. After an exercise and the last night sleeping together she asked me to kill his wife. After the second time I went to CID and wore a wire twice. While the Article 32 hearing was going on she was let out of pre-trial and started harassing me, being around me. I was moved from my company to another, and ultimately to the brigade HQ (rear detachment). Brigade HQ was deployed then. Both the female soldier and male soldier were other than honorable discharged, but I was exiled for a year. Not the same after. As I was getting out in 1999 I learned that she had asked other people in the unit to kill me. I was seen at a Vet center into 2000.
      Same time as the Article 32, my chain of command was trying to discipline me for an Article 15/court martial. The incident was with the female soldier (before she had asked me) and was on a trumped up charge. Even had the 1st sergeant threatened me in his office about "if he could not get me on that charge he would find another". After my time in Brigade HQ I returned to almost a new unit, only 5% knew me. All I wanted was out, but he harassed me every day to change my mind and go to the promotion board. Would not even let anyone drive me to airport to PCS.
      It took my wife to point out that when I get harassed or witness it at work that I am affected by it. I am currently being seen for it by the Vet center I was seen at before. The vet center had listed me as PTSD and marked as military trauma. 
      Also, I don't have anything from that time as I was not in a good place and as a 26 year old did not want the reminders in my barracks room. So if anyone knows how to get the CID or JAG records I am all ears.
    • By Broken Cat
      I am in the process of putting together a claim package for mental health issues related to MST.  Try as I might, I cannot find a VSO with experience in my situation.  It's taken me years to accept that I need help and that I need to address this once and for all, so when I say that I cannot handle doing this twice (submitting a sub par claim and then doing appeals) I really mean it. From day to day, I vacillate between thinking my problems are actually other people's inability to cope OR feeling like there is no point to me and that I'm a burden.If it weren't for the whole not being able to pay bills and risking alienating my kids for all eternity, I'd be perfectly content letting the world turn while I hang out at home and being maladjusted and mean.
      In my perfect world, there would be a check list of things to submit for a fully developed claim. On this checklist, there would be a list of key phrases or high points that would help sway the decision makers into awarding adequate compensation. I haven't been able to find anyone that has had success doing this with a case like mine.  I have police reports from the MST.  I have trauma counseling records and AD medical records that clearly state a d/x for PTSD related to rape on X date. My counseling sessions identified dissociation behaviors, PTSD, and anxiety. One doctor even noted that I was combative and stated that I wished harm on my attackers. 
      Obviously, the Navy handled this clear cut case of rape, with evidence and my complete cooperation, like they do any scandal.  They buried it and came after me.  That might be a secondary stressor, but I've been warned that claiming a secondary stressor could hose up everything and to keep my mouth shut?  kind of amazing that the advice that is meant to help, sounds a lot like the advice that sent me careening out of control all those years ago.
      Anyhow, I survived, got married, got out, and went in and out of counseling.  Over the years, I've been diagnosed with PTSD, Chronic Depression, Chronic Adjustment Disorder, Agoraphobia, Generalized anxiety Disorder, and Dissociation Disorder.  I don't trust military medicine or the government, so most of my counseling was done through non-profit organizations and women's shelters. They're so secretive, that I felt it'd be safe to tell them what I went through and my statements wouldn't end up in the Navy's summary of Mishaps... again. So, I don't really have records of those, except for prescriptions that were reported to Tricare.   I do have my civilian medical records. It has page after page of doctors complaining that I broke down, was combative, emotional etc, etc.  I do have a few sessions with shrinks at MTFs in the last couple years. They were not keen on actual diagnostics, they just gave me the pills I asked for.
      I'm shopping shrinks to assess me and give diagnosis. I'm not sure I need a nexus letter, but I'm thinking it wouldn't hurt.  I have a letter from my ex boss describing how my work performance plummeted over the years and how he made accommodations to keep me on. I also have a letter from me, describing my bad days and my rituals to get through them. My husband and his best friend were witnesses to the fallout of my rape, in terms of the military's response to me.  They can verify in statements that I did report it and go into counseling. They can also verify that I'm socially isolated and very codepenedent on them to meet new people or get involved in activities.  I don't have a single friend that they didn't make for me, first.  I do not know how to people. I don't have friends from work. I don't have "my own" friends from church. I don't even have people who like me well enough, and include me in things, without my husband and his best friend acting as intermediaries.  
      oh, I also have the most recent sentencing transcripts for the ringleader of my attackers.  The judge stated that he felt this dude was unrepentant and a monster. He cited his past sex crimes, "both in the record and that didn't make it to trial" and his history of convincing others to help him conceal his crimes.  If that's not a shout out from the bench, I don't know what is.

Anyhow, I guess my question is, has anyone here done a fully developed MST claim with multiple bullet points for anxiety, phobia, ptsd, and depression, and get 100% or at least, a high enough rating to qualify for unemployability?  Without having to go through appeals and lawyers?  Was a police report enough, even if the military dropped it?  Should I give the C&P my evidence, letters, and my personal statement too? I'm sure I have 1000 more questions,  but I'm mostly looking for someone who has done what I'm trying to do.
    • By Michigander
      What impact do you think my MST/PTSD claim will have because I am not on any meds for anxiety or depression.  The only medication I was on was Xanax for my anxiety and panic attacks and my neurologist told me to stop taking my Xanax because I have such severe memory and concentration issues.  I am on a very low dose which he knows and that I needed to take the meds because it is the only thing to this point that helps my panic attacks or recover more quickly from one.  I am not on any depression meds. because I will not take them due to having suicidal thoughts when I tried them two times in my past.  I did think of killing myself...I had and "urge" to kill myself and that was the scariest thing to fight off for almost two days until my meds wore off.  I vowed I would never take those meds again (or any other class of the meds) I'd rather have my anxiety and depression than to kill myself and my children have to live with that the rest of their lives.  
      Now that I am filing for MST/PTSD I see the DBQ has many questions surrounding medications and it looks like in my situation the yes and no answers does not allow for the explanation above and my claim may be rejected despite my many issues I deal with daily that I am now in therapy for.  
      Any advice on what to do to address this preemptively for my claim??
    • By babs
      I just submitted my first claim for PTSD from MST. When I was overseas, I was on guard duty was an infantryman. When in a guard tower, he exposed his penis and started playing with it. He was looking at me and wanted to me "help" him out. We were locked and loaded so I was fearful on what this man was going to do next. I just froze. I told his SGT and he was detained and sent back to garrison. The rules changed and I was looked at a different way since the incident. There was no touching but this incident has impacted my life and my sense of security. I'm fearful of everything and what's worse is that it's now effecting my children and my marriage and that's why I'm now filing. I haven't talked about it openly with my friends and now I'm expected to talk about it with a stranger for my c&p appointments? Any advice on what to expect and how long the whole process take. 
    • By Andyman73
      Anybody have any idea or know anything about the part of the PTSD criterion relating to derealization and or dissociation? I experienced them both during my multiple MST events...still do.
    • By Tbird
      I saw the below on Stateside Legal's site and thought I'd share.
      Are you a man who has experienced unwanted sexual contact or touching? You are not alone. Join an anonymous online forum and hear from other men who have had experiences with unwanted sexual contact. See the attached handout and Safe HelpRoom for more information.
    • By tsphamwi
      Hey everyone I am new to this and I just filed my claim for PTSD/mst claim in january 2017 and I have been so stress out because I have been reading about claims being denied and low balled and such. My question is i just received my C&P exam which was done by VES. I got a copy of it from my Marine Core League organization. I had a question as to the exam results it says I am occupational and social impairments deficiencies in most area. and then it list the systems which I have symptoms from 70 50 and 30 percent and they are equal to each other. I am confused does that mean they are going to give me the 30 rating because there is no one percent more than another. I guess how can you be deficiencies in most area when I have symptoms from each percent. the exams stated that ptsd and mdd are aggravated from the military services. I guess do i not quality for the 70 or is pretty rare to be in 70 do you have to more on the 70 to be rated at that.
      he checked depressed mood, anxiety, near continuous panic or depression affecting the ability to function independently, flatten affect, disturbance motivation and mood, difficulty in establishing and maintaining effective work and social relationship, and inability to establish and maintain effective relationship. but he put me under the MDD recurrent severe, and mst. could someone please let me know what they think. 
    • By Andyman73
      This afternoon I have my C&P exam for PTSD secondary to MST, with a contracted provider. I found out Friday evening after work. Fed Ex had delivered the paperwork earlier, but I didn't get a chance to see it until I got home from work.
      To say that I am nervous would be the understatement of the year. I am desperately trying to hold myself together. My digestive system is all out of whack.  I did spend an hour on the phone last night with a wonderful person from a non VSO group. She is a Marine and has trauma history, so that made the connection pretty easy.  She gave me a lot of good tips, if I could only remember them when it's crunch time.
      One of my biggest fears is that this will be just like my previous mental health C&P...where that examiner, a VA employee, when straight for the jugular and ignored my heaps of physical evidence. I don't know why I am even doing this. I fully expect to get more of the same....nothing. If I do get granted SC, the shock of that may well kill me...because that goes against the grain of what the VA has given me over the years....tons of grief and denials.
      Anyway, just wanted to write this down as some kind of therapy...
      No body has to read it, or respond.  I'm not here anyway.........
    • By Michigander
      Need advice.  I do not have anyone helping me at this time with filing a PTSD/MST claim.  I do have a VSO appt. at a local vet center in a week or so.  In the meantime from what I have read you need three things to file a MST claim.  1. evidence (I have police report...check). 2. PTSD diagnosis, but you can also claim other conditions such as anxiety and depression etc...(right?).  3. Nexus letter.
      Please correct or add to anything above if I am missing something.
      My question today, is that although I just starting going to a civilian therapist a few months ago I have not disclosed my MST and have only talked about my daily anxiety, panic attacks etc....trying to deal with the problem without talking about the problem I guess.  When I decided to file a claim I thought I could start going to a VA mental health counselor to get therapy while at the same time getting diagnosed officially for my claim.  At this time, I do not have a document or official diagnosis of PTSD as my therapist has not told me that.  I did go to a therapist years ago who said I had PTSD, but she closed her practice and I cannot locate my records.   I know or guess it would have been better to have this long history of therapy for my PTSD claim, but I don't.   
      I ended up talking to a social worker at the VA last week who is the head of the MST dept. and although I fully intended to work with therapist there for my PTSD I am already not feeling good about working with the mental health staff there (without going into any details I just need to take another route). 
      My understanding is that I need the Nexus letter from a mental health person...right?  Does the Nexus letter come from a C & P exam or can you have a civilian therapist write it??  If you can have your civilian therapist write it I figure I would disclose my MST to her and start working with her in therapy then ask her to write the Nexus letter.  If I have up to a year to pull together my paperwork my therapist could write a letter a little further down the road once we discuss my issues related to my MST...right.
      I think I read it's best to go to a VA therapist to get a diagnosis and Nexus letter??... but I don't feel comfortable doing that.  If I understood what I read here...you may not need to have a C & P exam if you have the evidence and a Nexus letter...even if it's from a civilian therapist...is that correct?
      Anyways...sorry this email is all over the place, but hope it makes sense.
      Thanks in advance for your feedback!!
    • By MKAH
      Hello,  I am currently SC and rated at 10% Tinnutis & 20% bilateral hearing loss.
      Below is an examination and a review of that examination.  I am not sure how to interpret it?
      Thanks for any help reading it.
      Social Worker
      Signed: 06/03/2016 17:04
      02 Jun 2016 @ 0824
      Note Title:
      C&P Audiology 13294
      No CA Healthcare Sys-Martinez
      Signed By:
      Co-signed By:
      Date/Time Signed:
      02 Jun 2016 @ 0824
      LOCAL TITLE: C&P Audiology 13294
      DATE OF NOTE: JUN 02, 2016@08:24:04 ENTRY DATE: JUN 02, 2016@08:24:04
      Hearing Loss and Tinnitus
      Disability Benefits Questionnaire
      Name of patient/Veteran m…..Xxxxxx 1234
      Is this DBQ being completed in conjunction with a VA 21-2507, C&P
      [X] Yes [ ] No
      ACE and Evidence Review
      Indicate method used to obtain medical information to complete this
      [X] Review of available records (without in-person or video telehealth
      examination) using the Acceptable Clinical Evidence (ACE) process
      the existing medical evidence provided sufficient information on which
      prepare the DBQ and such an examination will likely provide no
      relevant evidence.
      Evidence Review
      Evidence reviewed (check all that apply):
      [X] VA e-folder (VBMS or Virtual VA)
      Page 18 of 44
      [X] CPRS
      This exam is for: Hearing loss and/or tinnitus (audiologist or
      non-audiologist clinician, using audiology report of record that represents
      Veteran's current condition)
      If using audiology report of record, date audiology exam was performed:
      1. Objective Findings
      a. Puretone thresholds in decibels (air conduction):
      | A | B | C | D | E | F | G |
      | 500 | 1000 | 2000 | 3000 | 4000 | 6000 | 8000 | Avg Hz |
      | Hz* | Hz | Hz | Hz | Hz | Hz | Hz | (B-E)**|
      | 30 | 50 | 75 | 85 | 95 | 105+ | 100+ | 76 |
      LEFT EAR
      | A | B | C | D | E | F | G |
      | 500 | 1000 | 2000 | 3000 | 4000 | 6000 | 8000 | Avg Hz |
      | Hz* | Hz | Hz | Hz | Hz | Hz | Hz | (B-E)**|
      | 35 | 50 | 70 | 80 | 85 | 105+ | 100+ | 71 |
      * The puretone threshold at 500 Hz is not used in determining the
      evaluation but is used in determining whether or not a ratable hearing
      loss exists.
      ** The average of B, C, D, and E.
      *** CNT - Could Not Test
      b. Were there one or more frequency(ies) that could not be tested: No
      c. Validity of puretone test results: Test results are valid for rating
      d. Speech Discrimination Score (Maryland CNC word list):
      | RIGHT EAR | 56% |
      XXXXXX, xxxxxx
      Page 19 of 44
      | LEFT EAR | 56% |
      e. Appropriateness of Use of Word Recognition Score (Maryland CNC word
      Right Ear:
      Is Word Discrimination Score available? Yes
      Word Discrimination Score appropriateness:
      Use of word recognition score is appropriate for this Veteran.
      Left Ear:
      Is Word Discrimination Score available? Yes
      Word Discrimination Score appropriateness:
      Use of word recognition score is appropriate for this Veteran.
      f. Audiologic Findings
      Summary of Immittance (Tympanometry) Findings:
      | | RIGHT EAR | LEFT EAR
      | Acoustic immittance | [ ] Normal [ ] Abnormal | [ ] Normal [ ] Abnormal
      | Ipsilateral | |
      | Acoustic Reflexes | [ ] Normal [ ] Abnormal | [ ] Normal [ ] Abnormal
      | Contralateral | |
      | Acoustic Reflexes | [ ] Normal [ ] Abnormal | [ ] Normal [ ] Abnormal
      | Unable to interpret | |
      | reflexes due to | [ ] | [ ]
      | artifact | |
      | Unable to obtain/ | |
      | maintain seal | [X] | [X]
      Page 20 of 44
      2. Diagnosis
      [ ] Normal hearing
      [ ] Conductive hearing loss ICD code:
      [ ] Mixed hearing loss ICD code:
      [X] Sensorineural hearing loss (in the frequency range of 500-4000 Hz)*
      ICD code: H90.3
      [X] Sensorineural hearing loss (in the frequency range of 6000 Hz or
      higher frequencies)** ICD code: H90.3
      [ ] Significant changes in hearing thresholds in service***
      LEFT EAR
      [ ] Normal hearing
      [ ] Conductive hearing loss ICD code:
      [ ] Mixed hearing loss ICD code:
      [X] Sensorineural hearing loss (in the frequency range of 500-4000 Hz)*
      ICD code: H90.3
      [X] Sensorineural hearing loss (in the frequency range of 6000 Hz or
      higher frequencies)** ICD code: H90.3
      [ ] Significant changes in hearing thresholds in service***
      * The Veteran may have hearing loss at a level that is not considered to
      a disability for VA purposes. This can occur when the auditory
      thresholds are greater than 25 dB at one or more frequencies in the
      500-4000 Hz range.
      ** The Veteran may have impaired hearing, but it does not meet the criteria
      to be considered a disability for VA purposes. For VA purposes, the
      diagnosis of hearing impairment is based upon testing at frequency
      of 500, 1000, 2000, 3000, and 4000 Hz. If there is no HL in the
      Hz range, but there is HL above 4000 Hz, check this box.
      *** The Veteran may have a significant change in hearing threshold in
      service, but it does not meet the criteria to be considered a disability
      for VA purposes. (A signi
      ficant change in hearing threshold may indicate
      Page 21 of 44
      noise exposure or acoustic trauma.)
      3. Etiology
      [X] Etiology opinion not indicated as:
      [X] Service connected condition
      [X] VBA did not request etiology
      4. Functional impact of hearing loss
      Does the Veteran's hearing loss impact ordinary conditions of daily
      including ability to work: Yes
      If yes, describe impact in the Veteran's own words: DIFFICULTY
      5. Remarks, if any, pertaining to hearing loss:
      1. Medical history
      Does the Veteran report recurrent tinnitus: Yes
      Date and circumstances of onset of tinnitus: FROM 2.16.16 EVALUATION:
      describes a subjective, bilateral, constant tinnitus with an unsure
      2. Etiology of tinnitus
      [X] Etiology opinion not indicated as:
      [X] VBA did not request etiology
      3. Functional impact of tinnitus
      Does the Veteran's tinnitus impact ordinary conditions of daily life,
      including ability to work: No
      4. Remarks, if any, pertaining to tinnitus::
      No response provided
      NOTE: VA may request additional medical information, including additional
      examinations if necessary to complete VA's review of the
      NIC…., MARK
      Page 22 of 44
    • By Michigander
      My heart goes out to all of my fellow survivors of MST ...
      For me, I have found I can no longer suppress and manage the daily physical and emotional affects of the sexual assault that took place on December 25, 1985 while serving on active duty.  In effort to find some help, relief and hopefully someday healing I am starting the uphill journey to deal with this and try to share some of the highlights of my battle.  I will be the first to admit I have no idea what I am doing and can only hope that God the father.... will guide my feet day by day. 
      First step locating documentation of the event.  A few weeks ago I was able to locate the police dept. and requested a copy of the report.  I received a copy of the 15 page report this past week and it makes me emotionally and physically sick just to look at the envelope it's in.
      I also tried to locate medical records over the years from prior mental health therapists and physicians that would have documented my history as it related to these events, but the practices were closed or my records were no longer available due to time.
      April I called the VA to inquire about mental health services for MST and hesitated to start the process because the MST would not be marked in my record for all my providers to see.  This was a big hurdle mentally as I have always hid this event at all costs from my providers.   I am sure this did not help my physicians treat me and fully understand my ongoing medical problems especially those in which are usually brought on by some big life event which I always adamantly denied when asked. 
      May 2nd 2017, I submitted a "intent to file".
      May 4th 2017, I went to a VSO rep?? to asked questions about the process to file a claim related to MST.  The rep was belittling, insulting, hurtful, rude and I walked out of that office with no more information and the psychological affects were pretty devastating.  At the encouragement from my daughter to go straight to the patient advocate office and file a complaint....I did just that.  I found myself have a total mental breakdown just trying to give the details of what just went down and was thankfully met with support and many reassurances that I would have a team of people helping moving forward and that person would be brought in...dealt with and re-trained.  I will spare you all the details.
      My next step is hearing from the mental health dept. to set up an appt. to do some type of baseline evaluation of my symptoms etc. as it related to MST... I guess to get an official diagnosis on record and to get me the specific therapy I need started.  I will likely opt for tele-therapy once I have a few sessions onsite at the VA. 
      That's it for now
    • By bright
      I have been 100% perm and total since 2003, before that i was 70%.
      I just got an appointment for a C and P exam to reevaluate. WHY!
      Has anyone ever heard of this?  Has anyone ever had one after being perm and total?
      What is going on?
    • By mrkman123
      Forgive the first effort, injuries have a way of making things difficult.....   Twenty-four years of dealing with the VA, and the difficulties at hand ensure negative results.....  These are the copies of a C and P recently done at the VA, and leaves me to doubt this system is capable of conducting themselves in an ethical manner.   Enjoy the insanity, this veteran is tired of paying the piper; Eighteen Years were Enough !!!!    (Remand posted earlier.)  Still waiting to address attorney with the results of this remand and the Shabby, Disrespectful, and unethical way in which this Veteran has been treated at the VA hands......   Document 1.pdf ...   Comments, opinions, and suggestion greatly needed and appreciated....   Sincerely, Mark
      Document 38.pdf
      Document 37.pdf
      Document 36.pdf
      Document 35.pdf
      Document 39.pdf
      Document 40.pdf
      Document 41.pdf
      Document 42.pdf
      Document 43.pdf
      Document 44.pdf
      Document 45.pdf
      Document 46.pdf
      Document 2.pdf
      Document 3.pdf
      Document 4.pdf
      Document 5.pdf
      Document 6.pdf
      Document 7.pdf
      Document 8.pdf
      Document 9.pdf
      Document 10.pdf
      Document 11.pdf
      Document 12.pdf
      Document 13.pdf
      Document 14.pdf
      Document 15.pdf
      Document 16.pdf
      Document 17.pdf
      Document 18.pdf
      Document 19.pdf
      Document 20.pdf
      Document 21.pdf
      Document 22.pdf
      Document 23.pdf
      Document 24.pdf
      Document 25.pdf
      Document 26.pdf
      Document 27.pdf
      Document 28.pdf
      Document 29.pdf
      Document 30.pdf
      Document 31.pdf
      Document 32.pdf
      Document 33.pdf
      Document 34.pdf
    • By ATCJen
      I got some feedback, thanks! 
  • Our picks

• e-Benefits Status Messages 

Claims Process – Your claim can go from any step to back a step depending on the specifics of the claim, so you may go from Pending Decision Approval back to Review of Evidence. Ebenefits status is helpful but not definitive. Continue Reading
      • 0 replies
    • I was rated at 10% for tinnitus last year by the VA. I went to my private doctor yesterday and I described to him the problems that I have been having with my sense of balance. Any sudden movement of my head or movement while sitting in my desk chair causes me to lose my balance and become nauseous. Also when seeing TV if there are certain scenes,such as movement across or up and down the screen my balance is affected. The doctor said that what is causing the problem is Meniere's Disease. Does any know if this could be secondary to tinnitus and if it would be rated separately from the tinnitus? If I am already rated at 10% for tinnitus and I could filed for Meniere's does any one know what it might be rated at? Thanks for your help. 68mustang
      • 15 replies
    • Feb 2018 on HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran. Sharing top posts and a few statistics with you.
      • 0 replies
    • I have a 30% hearing loss and 10% Tinnitus rating since 5/17.  I have Meniere's Syndrome which was diagnosed by a VA facility in 2010 yet I never thought to include this in my quest for a rating.  Meniere's is very debilitating for me, but I have not made any noise about it because I could lose my license to drive.  I am thinking of applying for additional compensation as I am unable to work at any meaningful employment as I cannot communicate effectively because of my hearing and comprehension difficulties.  I don't know whether to file for a TDUI, or just ask for additional compensation.  My county Veterans service contact who helped me get my current rating has been totally useless on this when I asked her for help.  Does anyone know which forms I should use?  There are so many different directions to proceed on this that I am confused.  Any help would be appreciated.  Vietnam Vet 64-67. 
    • If you are new to hadit and have DIC questions it would help us tremendously if you can answer the following questions right away in your first post.

What was the Primary Cause of Death (# 1) as listed on your spouse’s death certificate?

What,if anything, was listed as a contributing cause under # 2?

Was an autopsy done and if so do you have a complete copy of it?

It can be obtained through the Medical Examiner’s office in your locale.

What was the deceased veteran service connected for in his/her lifetime?

Did they have a claim pending at death and if so what for?

If they died from anything on the Agent Orange Presumptive list ( available here under a search) when did they serve and where? If outside of Vietnam, what was their MOS and also if they served onboard a ship in the South Pacific what ship were they on and when? Also did they have any major  physical  contact with C 123s during the Vietnam War?

And how soon after their death was the DIC form filed…if filed within one year of death, the date of death will be the EED for DIC and also satisfy the accrued regulation criteria.
      • 14 replies