VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

5 Year Re-Examination Coming. What Should I Expect?

Rate this question

DeeMockMark

Question

My 5 year re-examination is coming. When I was first awarded my SC the Comp and Pen examiner requested that I be re-examined sometime in the future. I was rated 100% for a mental health concern non-PTSD related.

Does anyone have any insight into this? I think i have done my due diligence and have record of my continued symptoms (though at a reduced level) and medication (three types of psychotropics at minimal doses) as I have stay in therapy and getting meds.

What should I expect? Will there be a C&P? Will someone at VA just look at my record and make a decision. Is there anything I should be doing or documenting?

Thx.

Edited by DeeMockMark

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

You will have a C&P and they will either continue, or minimize your %s. But I would not worry, just continue to take meds and go to therapy. I take 10 types of Psych meds and I am currently going to Trauma treatment once a week. I hate it, but until we get old and the VA stops bothering us, we have to do whatever they say. So many Veterans get screwed because they either don't want to get help, or tired of going to treatment, then the VA will use that against us, and say that we are better just so they can take $s away. Good luck and keep us up to date.

• HadIt.com Elder

If they reduce 100% they should consider TDIU. I doubt they will reduce you after 5 years at 100%. You should get P&T. Request it!

I must admit this bothers me. I wrote here under another name and can't find the post and maybe I have forgotten the name because i search for it and can't find it. But someone said that they will "review" my case at VA and then decide if i will need a C&P. That I might not have to take a C&P.

Sounds good to me. Too good.

And talking about "old" I will be 57 at the time of the re-examination. I hope that is "old" enough.

Am really hoping for 100 P&T this time with no future examinations.

FYI

I live in Thailand. I get help through the local VFW CHAPTER. They have some people there that SEEM knowledgable.

I go to a consulate approved psychiatrist here every two months and I get my meds through VA's Foreign Medical Program. So my meds are on record with the VA.

I struggle every day with my illness. (I need to make sure the psych understands that. Being Thai I don't get a good sense of him at all.) He would or could give me my C&P. Because he is on consulate recommended list.

Sometimes I feel better than other times. But I have been able to reduce my symptoms because of the lack of stress I live a reasonable if reclusive life.

I think the reason they did not make me 100% P&T is because i wasn't over 55 at the time of the award. My friend was 58 and he got 100% P&T. I will be 57 at the time of the re-examination. Hopefully I will be given p&t at that time. But I am nervous. Because I am doing so well in many ways. It is because i have my benefits. But without the benefits i would be homeless again. I am really unemployable. I could not maintain any regular work. But just like getting the award I have to make my case in a way that "they" can believe and understand.

I have not been doing that sufficiently I think. I need to make sure this Thai psych knows what Is going on in my life and how my illness effects me. His records might be the documentation that will make a difference. He might even be the future C&P examiner.

Edited by DeeMockMark