VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Smc Still Confused!

Rate this topic

I have a C&P exam coming at the end of this month that I requested for A/A. Currently I am rated at smc (M), but is that automatically include regular A/A? When I was discharged from the hospital last December I went to the P.V.A. NSO and requested for a higher level A/A, E-Benefits just list the C&P exam as A/A.

There are different opinions on this matter, and it is certainly confusing at this level. I have heard you have to be at the maximum rate (o) to receive a higher smc r1 or r2, it is r1 I was asking to get any thoughts? I have attached my last rating decision for anyone to look at and give me direction and I was awarded the right decision? Thanks!

img003.pdf

img004.pdf

Try this one on for size. It has helped a few get a better grip on it, sir. If it still doesn't help, I'll peel it like a banana for you and parse it from stem to stern.

http://asknod.wordpress.com/2013/02/27/special-monthly-compensation-what-is-it/

Thank you for laying that out the way you did. I do have a better grip, now I need to forward this on to my wife. It is hard for me to explain to her how this rating system works, and that is really just me. Although since my exacerbation from M.S. back in November of last year new symptoms like constipation and incontinence have come about secondary to M.S.. I am being treated for those.

I was trying to explain to my wife that we are getting paid regular A/A with my rating of M+k, which comes to 4185.00. Even though we have all this new equipment such as a roll-in shower chair, hoyer lift, and other stuff it does not automatically qualify you to a higher level of A/A. We will go to this C&P exam and maybe at least get these new symptoms added that are secondary to my M.S.

• HadIt.com Elder

ALex, I would like to pin that piece of awesome penmanship into the forum as a guideline or at least a link with your permission of course.

John

John, you know as well as I do that you are welcome to post it anywhere you please except for the outhouse. Mr. Potatohead would be honored. As for myself, the joy of writing and helping Vets far outweighs any thoughts of fame. You are free to do with it as you please with my blessings. My name is Alex and I approved this post.

A

clear prop