VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Denied On Depression.

Rate this question

Scout Swimmer

Question

Just got off the phone with my DAV POA, in which he informed me I was denied. He explained they looked at it as a single traumatic event or diagnoses from the military, not as a secondary to my TBI, in which my mental health practitioner clearly stated and which I have 45 pages of supporting evidence stating exactly that. The rep from the DAV told me it was written up wrong. He is talking with the rater as we speak to change it. I'm pretty upset.

So my denial letter is actually "official". My DAV rep said it wouldn't be. What the hell is going on here?

SOUNDS LIKE.. lets see if he will go for it.

Ok, talked to my VSO. I plain out asked him how the hell did this happen? How in the hell did you not see every bit of my evidence was directed secondary to TBI, yet you allowed it be rated a direct connection claim? I asked him if he was new, overworked, underpaid, and if he was just to plain busy to actually represent me. He managed to utter two words. "I'm sorry" I hate the VA. No treatment or records in military service? Really? Do they really xxxxxxx think grunts pull their platoon Sergeants aside and say: "I'm feeling depressed. Can I bail out on you guys today? I would gladly give up every dollar I've ever been sent with compensation just for a chance, A CHANCE for these raters to be brought up on criminal charges. What a crock. I'm one of the LUCKY ones. I hold gainful employment. My wife makes decent money, we do ok, but Jesus, I feel so bad for those who actually depend on these corrupt assholes. Apologies for the obscenities.

Makes me wonder (between the Social Security Disability Disability process AND the Veterans Affairs Disability claims process) how truly needy people living on the streets with no assets to assist them ever manage to get a dime out of the programs that were put in place to help them...I feel you Phil and this is no doubt, a grueling process for us. But...After being on this emotional roller coaster for so long with peaks & valleys in our way it IS worth pursuing. I know this because our families will someday benefit from our struggles with the VA.

Maybe then we can sit back and ask...What a long, strange trip its been?

LC

Like I previously said for some strange reason it seems like the VSOs arent really focused on winning the claim the FIRST go round. This is very easy to discern because THEY DONT GIVE PROPER PREPERATION to the claims the file. They have to know, that just loading the claim into the VSO potato gun, and firing, is not going to be very effective. Unless they are just that cocky and believe that putting thier john Hancock on the claim signaling endorsement, THEY HAVE TO KNOW that failure is likely.

So ask yourself, what do service orgainzations have to gain, by going into " negotiations" with the VA . ?

Heres what my rep did. He filled out the claim, and sent it in. Several times on Ebennifits they said they needed more information., I asked my rep abt it and he assured me that they got all they need. Well he is not even in the VA office with the claims rep that is supposed to be helping with my claim. He is a field officer, He didnt call anyone, SO how would or could he even know. He never told me, look, the va is supposed to look for and help get evidence ,but YOU SIR are ultimately responsible for your evidence/.

These service organizations are giving a false sense of assistance to the veterans.

They lead you to believe that if you give them power of attorney, they will do all thats needed to win your claim, and thats surely not the case.

They are acting in more of a REACTIONARY capacity and seems to want to see what the VA offers, and then drag the claim out into a long process.

IS THIS BUYING THE VA TIME? ARE VETERANS GIVING UP? ARE VETERANS DYING WAITING FOR BENEFITS? ARE VETERANS MIRED IN A MUCK OF BEURACRACY AT THE HANDS OF THE VSOS AND THE VA?

What do you think ? something to ponder.

Not trying to be negative or offend anyone but I call things like I see them, and this is how I see them., OVER and OVER .

Edited by 63SIERRA

Like I previously said for some strange reason it seems like the VSOs arent really focused on winning the claim the FIRST go round. This is very easy to discern because THEY DONT GIVE PROPER PREPERATION to the claims the file. They have to know, that just loading the claim into the VSO potato gun, and firing, is not going to be very effective. Unless they are just that cocky and believe that putting thier john Hancock on the claim signaling endorsement, THEY HAVE TO KNOW that failure is likely.

So ask yourself, what do service orgainzations have to gain, by going into " negotiations" with the VA . ?

Job security. They don't want you to win and go away. Without a long line of needy vets these twits would be out of a job and out on their unproductive asses.

Ok, I informed my DAV rep that I have contacted an Attorney (Woods and Woods Veteran Compensation). Two hours later ebenefits reopened my denied claim. I'm now at administrative review. Any thoughts? Sierra, I think you are pretty much right on the money.