VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva Just Made Decision And Sent It To Amc Is This A Remand?

Rate this question

les

Question

I just looked on my e-benifits and it said Decision & claims file dispatched and mailed my decision to me and sent to progress office amc on 1/6/2014. This appeal is over 7 years old. Dose this mean a remand? I went thru that with one of my other appeal and it took over 1 year to approve that remand. Is it possible that it was approved by the bva law judge? Thanks for your help.

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I feel if this was a decision ,the BVA would have sent the claim back to your AOJ ( VARO of original jurisdiction) and not the AMC.and you would receive a letter to that effect.

This is the main BVA phone number:
1- 202- 565- 5436

Also this is the email for the BVA ombudsman:

bva.ombudsman@va.gov

I would email the ombudsman to see if they can give you more info.

Today I looked at the current progress on e bennies and it said: Current progress: Decision & claims file dispatch. Your case has been received at bva, and bva has mailed your decision to you (and your representative, if any) Yes and my Representative is the Dav. And will be returning your claim file to the amc or, if represented by an attorney to the regional office. So this is a bit confusing because my ebenifits says office of progress is amc. But above it says the bva made a decision and mailed it to me. I know I have to wait for my decision to arrive to know for sure.

Thanks for all help!

Edited by les

• HadIt.com Elder

I guess your VSO at the DAV could not keep it out of the AMC (Black Hole)

If I were you, I would jump over the nmoon to find an attorney, Like yesterday.

J

If you have the Ebenefits, which i think i read you do, sign in to your account, far right of page it says 'download va letters'. click on that link and it will show your current rating, this entitlement page will update as soon as the DRO finalizes your award. this is how i tracked my claims for the last couple years. good luck

On Jan 7 2014 the BVA law judge Reopened my claim from a 2006 denial. A lot happened between then and now. On Jan 7 2014 the VLJ remanded my appeal to the AMC. I was not happy about going to the black hole (AMC). But the amc moved my appeal very fast. I think it is because of me getting My congresman Joe Pitts involved. I had a c&p with a Psychologist for major depression on Feb, 14 2014. I looked at my e-bennies tonight and at the current proggress discription it said your case has been received at BVA and bva has mailed your decission to you (and your rep if any). And will be returning your claims file to the Va medical center. Now I got to wait for my decission. I do have a question, Why would the BVA return my file to a med center? For anyone who has been thru this does this sound right or am I missing something about going back to my Va medical center before I even get my decission? Thanks alot for all the help ove the yearsL