VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Are Va Docs Flipping Patients?

Rate this topic

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

When you go to the VAMC, does your primary care doc actually check you?

I wanted to pose this question to members of the Hadit family because I had a recent series of visits which sparked this question.

Visit 1: Primary care doc only listened to me tell him what's wrong, but did not check anything else.

Visit 2: Primary care doc was out. Alternate doc listened to my chest, checked my ears, nose, throat, etc...

Visit 3: Follow up visit - Primary care doc again only listened to me tell him what's wrong, but did not check anything else.

Anyone else have this happen to them too? I know the VA docs are encouraged to "flip" patients (turn them around asap), but this seems crazy...

I have not experienced this. My PCP has always been attentive to my needs. Recently had a piss poor experience trying to get the authorization referral paperwork for a routine eye exam MAILED to me or FAXED to the eye doc. Long story...you would not believe the BS I had to go through. Gaffed off by fee basis office AND patient advocate office. Next week I will be paying their supervisors a visit in person to see their reaction. If I can keep me cool....someone will lose a job over what transpired this past week.

Don't mess with the Loose Cannon...I am retired & have plenty of time to go "up the chain" whenever needed.

LC

"No better friend, No worse enemy"

Edited by Loose Cannon

YEP. seems like everything is on a de minimus scope. Last time I went for an appt, the nurse seen me, and was relaying info to the doc, who I guess was down the hall. I didnt even see his face. I complained upon arrival with toenail pain, and back pain. They didnt even achnowledge the back pain, and told me I had to wait until my yearly physical then they would see what could be done. I went for my yearly physical a few days ago, and upon arrival was told the whole clinic was cancelled/ So they rescheduled me. its getting crazy.

I sometimes wonder if it would be better to move away from an area close to a large va hospital, so I clould go to a civillian run clinic, that the VA pays for.

I was told that my doc in central texas sees around 15,000 patients a month.

Edited by 63SIERRA

Sierra63 - Nice word dude! Impressive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_minimis

LC

P.S. - You'd be better off opening a "pot shop" in Colorado..$$$$...hee-hee!

Edited by Loose Cannon

next appt I might bring a inflated zip lock bag with me, and when the nurse asks why in there, im going to tell her foul gas. can she bring the sample to the doctor down the hall and let him have a whiff, and see what he thinks, being he cant carry his arse down the hall and see me.