VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Reply From Iris.....

Rate this question

donh777

Question

I put in a IRIS question on 10/19/2013, I received a reply from them on 1/1`0/2014.. and they still didn't answer the question, just referred to Muskogee RO. But they did apologize for taking so long to get back to me...

infantry10, on 25 Oct 2013 - 4:58 PM, said:

That was almost exactly what my IRIS response was. Only difference was, they say my RO is taking around 9 months to complete on a average claim. Sounds like they send emails based on a script.

I found that if I ask for specific details in my IRIS they tend to give you a more accurate and detailed answer. Sometimes it may take 2-3 replies to their original IRIS answer but in the long run, I've been more successful at getting a personal answer rather than the "cut & paste" versions of what they try to dismiss our question with.

Stay on them until you get a satisfactory answer. That's thy the IRIS is there.

Not much to add but encourage all to read my posts under OIF/OEF Veterans...Meaningful change starts with us!

LC

My experience has been that when you ask a follow up question or point out that the answer they provided you is contrary to well established facts they send a canned "we have already appropriately repsonded to your inquiry, this inquiry is closed", funny thing is at the end of all their IRIS communications is a paragraph stating if you have additional questions or if this didn't resolve your problem please reply.

• HadIt.com Elder

I still call the 800 number. It helped last time since I was told the meaning of "Waiting for 5103 Review Request". I made a sworn statement over the phone that I had no more evidence and to go with what is in my VA records.

My experience has been that when you ask a follow up question or point out that the answer they provided you is contrary to well established facts they send a canned "we have already appropriately repsonded to your inquiry, this inquiry is closed", funny thing is at the end of all their IRIS communications is a paragraph stating if you have additional questions or if this didn't resolve your problem please reply.

Hmmnn....Never had that problem as they've always replied. Each response says "if you have additional questions please reply within 14 days".

Your experience doesn't surprise me. Keep fighting for answers.

LC

It took them 3 months to answer "if you have additional questions please use the above space within 14 days. Oh! I didn't post in wrong place as this question was about a c & p exam that I have been waiting on since July 2013. But my VSO said to call him back on Jan 21 if I hadn't heard anything so that will be close to 14 days for reply.

It's just like in service when you dealt with CBPO or any organization; it's a dart throw if you get someone who knows what they're talking about.

So submit detailed questions until you are satisfied with the answer.

If they give you the runaround, contact the IG with all pertinent info and ask why they're wasting our money with these look-good apps.