VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenefits Pulling Up Someone Else's Information

Rate this question

jfarr22384

Question

I just logged onto benefits account and it pulled up all the claim past and present including home address and payment information for a Charles Allen Tanner. I cannot believe my credentials somehow got me access to another account. Has this happened to anyone else?

I'm wondering if someone now has access to my personal information

• HadIt.com Elder

Here we go again! Remember the laptop fiasco? The VA ended up giving those at risk (Almost all veterans in the VA system) a year's access/subscription to free credit reports.

Target cheaped out, and is only covering access to Experion, and some sort of reporting/protection scheme.

Edited by Chuck75

Here we go again! Remember the laptop fiasco? The VA ended up giving those at risk (Almost all veterans in the VA system) a year's access/subscription to free credit reports.

Target cheaped out, and is only covering access to Experion, and some sort of reporting/protection scheme.

Yep! I'll be honest with everyone, the breach of all this personal info is one thing. But the lack of ACCOUNTABILITY this far from when the event was reported is mind blowing. I am in contact with the news media as I've documented in this thread and they are going to get us some answers as to the lack of urgency displayed up to now on the part of the VA and others.

Some say you cannot fight "city hall"...Watch me. This story is far from over. If anything, it has motivated me to fight harder for answers to my questions. Thanks to all for the kind words & support.

LC

This is quite ridiculous, that they cant even keep out information secure. Doesnt surprize me though, the way the chinese stole most of our defense secrets was by having a spy lay thumb drives around at the Pentagon,. Workers curiosity got the best of them, and they inserted them into the govt computers. On the thumb drives was some entertaining subject matter that kept the person who inserted the thumb drive quite amused, while a back door program, was grabbing classified information of the govt hardrives by the Terrabite. TRUE STORY.., So if they cant even keep out most classified top level data secure, do you think its likley they can keep a public website secure? NOT/ If this keeps up folks will be burying thier loot in mason jars in the backyard again.

******UPDATE*******

SC magazine wrote an article this afternoon in response to this breach. Simply google "ebenfits site" and it should pull up the article in which the VA explains the breach was due to a software defect when they were updating the site on Wednesday evening.