VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Almost Recovered From My C&p Exam

Rate this question

StreetWalker

Question

Had my Ortho C&P exam Tuesday. It was for back, legs and right shoulder. I'm currently rated at 40% for my lumbar spine and 20% for each leg for radiculopathy. This exam was for my reconsideration of my TDIU denial. I had the same examiner that I had back in 2011 when I received my current rating. He's extremely professional and courteous. Unlike the examiner I had just about a year ago. He started the exam with my shoulder. I'm claiming the shoulder due to constant pain from using my cane. He did the exam and then told me he would need xrays. He told me there's obviously a on-going strain there but wanted to check for arthritis. When I had my bone scan last year I was told I have arthritis in the shoulder but that never made it into the record as they were checking for the spread of my prostate cancer. Shoulder is still a bit stiff and sore from the C&P. We then did the back exam. As many of you know you never come out of those exams not hurting. It's been two days now and I'm still hurting. He only required me to do the ROM tests once and told me that unless I wanted to hurt myself the repetitions were unnecessary. My ROM is extremely limited. Somewhere between 10-15° of forward flexion. He then examined my legs. Left leg is extremely weak. I have balance problems and the left calf is over a inch smaller than the right. A year ago they were the same size. Overall I think the exam went well. Since I'm claiming TDIU based on my back I hope it went well. I have General Med and MH C&P exams next Tuesday. At least those two exams won't hurt as bad. Good luck everyone with your claims.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

StreetWalker - Glad to hear it went well...Sorry it was painful. Things will go your way so keep the faith and keep fighting. Best of luck as you move forward. Keep you in my payers!

LC

I feel you bud, I had my SSDI Mental Exam on Monday and it was brutal. The Doc was very nice. I have my SSDI Physical appointment in Feb and hopefully have my FDC Exams soon. I submitted my FDC in Sep 13 and nothing has been scheduled for this claim. Good luck and have a good weekend.

Interesting thing happened today. I was walking in the pool at the gym and sharing the lane with a older gentleman that I've seen many times. He noticed I was moving slower than normal and asked if I was ok. I told him I had had a VA exam Tuesday and he told me that he's a 100% vet. We started talking and he asked me if one particular doctor had done the exam. I told him no but I have had exams with that doctor. He related that he had had nothing but problems with the exams from that doctor. I have had the same result. I just found it funny that he had exactly the same opinion of her that I have.