VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Qualifying Fro Smc S Rating

Rate this topic

Question,

I am a vet with a 100% P&T rating based on several ratings that combine to 100%. In addition I have other disability ratings not related to the above that combine to over 60%. My reading of the criteria for an s rating is that you must have a single disability rated as total and then the additional unrelated 60%. I have never been TDIU or housebound. Based on the statutes it appears the I don't qualify for the s rating.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks

courier71

The seminal question is first- Are you, indeed rated as TDIU or Permanent and Total with a combination of diseases/injuries that, when combined, rendered you unemployable or just one that does? For example, a 60% back disability, a 70% PTSD, rating and a 40% Diabetes 2 and a few 20% and 10%s that reach 100%///// And then a new batch of 60% worth of totally unrelated ailments to any of the batch that made you 100% (or TDIU) ? Amazing. Most who get this attain TDIU from a 70% rating and then end up with all the extra 60% on the other side of the P&T. Either that or some of the more ill have a 100% rating for a disease and again a few 40%s and 30%s that finally go over the extra 60. A 70% and two 60%s will get you to 100% but that's a lot of big ratings for most and not be housebound in reality. VA doesn't count non-service connected ratings towards the SMC S- just the ones you are SC for.

a

cp