VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question About C&p Exam Notes Says C-File Unavailable

Rate this question

eg1970

Question

I was on myhealthevet looking at my father's records and saw the notes from his C&P exam.

It said C-FILE WAS: UNAVAILABLE and then had a c# listed next to it.

I was wondering what that means.

Thanks for any help.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

It means when the person doing the C&P exam, did not have the entire case file C-File on hand to review, which usually they must review, which is usually held at the VARO. Depending on the length of your dad's records, it will have his entire VA medical profile/history with in it. It will contain somethings that you can't get from myhealthyvet. It could have rating notes, or future reschedule dates for example. If your dad wants 1 free copy of the entire history he can put in a request. After that any request for a copy, he would have to pay. 1 copy of entire file up to whatever point you are at should suffice then you can just add the myhealthyvet reports going forward for your own personal copy.

sorry for the long response.

• HadIt.com Elder

Generally the c-file must be present, at the exam, as the examiner is supposed to review it prior to the C&P exam. Failure to review the c-file/have the file present for the exam can be grounds for a re-examination, if he is denied on is claim.

pr