VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Return Of Ebenefits = Two-Step Jump

Rate this question

canyonrider

Question

After hearing the ebenefits site was back up, I checked it.

Mine has gone from "Preparation for decision," right past "Pending Decision Approval" to "Preparation for notification."

I feel like throwing up.

Edited by canyonrider

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Stupid question time:

If I click the button to download the VA benefits letter, the letter shows "Service connected disabilities -- No."

Is that because the claim has not yet closed, or because the claim is about to be denied?

And there in lies the problem. Don't know. It could go either way. It's been said that fast decisions are negative decisions, but that's not necessarily the case. Navy04 has the right advice...just wait and see what it says. I didn't see any change in my letters until after the claim was officially closed.

Well, first off it congratulations! That's excellent news! The bigger question will be what you claimed against what was rated as well as any reason you didn't get service connected or rated above 0% for everything you claimed. But 70% from nothing is a great first step. Hopefully you'll get good news from the brown envelope that's en route.

My claim has sat at "preparation for decision" for about 5 weeks and I'm still waiting...