VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Great C&p Exam By The Opc In Manila

Rate this question

charlest27

Question

I would like to pass along info i learned about the VA OPC in Manila. First some general info i had my first C and P Exam for my first time FDC claim.

Phone number for appointment C and P 02318-8358 or 02-318-8308 to cancel appointment call 02-318-8309 48 hours before or ASAP. toll free number 1-800-1888-8782.You must have an appointment to be seen.You will not get in period outherwise.

Travel benifits are POV travel is at 41.5 cent a mile (1KM is 0.62 miles or 1 mile =1.62 KM) Lodging limited to $30 USD.Meals are $3.00 breakfast $5.00 for Lunch and $5.00 for Dinner. Total of $13.00 a day. Must have receipts for all above items. You will be paid in Peso at the daily rate for that day ie the day you filed your claim.

I had 3 days of C and P exams all days were filled checked in at 0745 left at 4 PM each day. I have to go back next week to Manila i have appointments at Sto tomas university hospital and the VA OPC any one ever been to Sto Tomas any places to eat close by.

The VA staff were great i had no issues at all. Not one single problem. i have heard the stories from friends who deal with QTC contracters in the U.S some good some not so mush. I filed my claim 30Sept 2013 C&P exams in late Nov and early DEC is very fast i know for a fact from friends of mine it is 6 to 9 months waiting on a C&P exam . not in Manila. Myself finish mine in a little over 2 months very good time.

The only problem i had in manila were the Taxi cabs not wanting to use the meter and use bond rate only. I got out off over half the cabs in Manila due to this. 500 pesos from the Airport to the VA i got out of the cab right away. There has to be something said about the lack of honesty of half the white Taxi Cab Drivers in Manila it is a shame when half the taxi cab drivers try to steal from people by trying to charge 500 peso for a 100 peso ride. The white taxi cab drivers that use the meter i thanked them for there honesty. Yes i did this is what needed to be done. I used the white cabs only. Half the taxi cabs do not like it when you take a picture of there plates next time i will take a pic of them and if they try to rip me off put it on face book an see what happens.

Update 2
I just finished up my C&P exams with the Manila OPC had to go to St Tomas for 5 tests from my last C&P exams in late Nov. The staff at St tomas(STU) was great billing just stamped my loa no questions no problems. The staff that did my test were very knowlageable and professional at all times. There english was spot on no comms problems at all. My thinking on it is that if the VA uses St Tomas why cant tricare and the VA approve hospitals that can be certifed by both VA and tricare oh yea i got in trouble just one time (not realy) in the Navy for common sences thinking that would save time and money of the U.S taxpayer.

The only downside is the Manila OPC WILL NOT SEE YOU UNLESS IT IS SC/ Or C&P Exam NO IF ANDS OR BUTS ABOUT IT.

I was just thinking it is not the VA that is bad at some places it is some people that give

. the VA a bad name you will always hear about the bad ones but the Great and Good not so mush. so that is why i posted this.

Take Care

Charles

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I realize this post was a while ago, but it gave me a lot of insight to the Manila workings as I will be moving to the Philippines in a couple of months and will be transfering my claim over to the Manila VARO.

Thanks of the post.

OSC