VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Torn Rotator Cuff -Surgery Needed Some Questions

Rate this question

malandroaz

Question

I have torn rotator cuff and it needs surgery. The injury while I was on duty and have a LOD on record. The injury happened to my dominate arm. I have not had surgery but right now I cant lift anything and hurt to hold up, barely move up to the side.

1. What % should I look for when filing since it is my dominate arm? (literally as of right now I cant talk on a cell phone with that hand without pain)

2. Since I cant use my dominate arm my left arm is doing all the work. Now the left arm is hurting from all the extra work the right arm cant do. Should I file this as well? I mentioned to my doctor but I will make sure i get it in writing as well.

• HadIt.com Elder

I would not worry about percentage on my rotator cuff surgery. I would worry about getting the best doctor in my area to do it right. If the doctor screws it up you will end up back in surgery or living with a permanent and painful disability. Workers compensation paid me about 60 thousand dollars all told for my shoulder. It was not worth it. My shoulder is weak even though I have done PT on it many times. The surgery made it worse. Sometimes it is possible for PT to heal a torn R.C. if it is not too bad. I tore both of mine and PT and time healed one.

John