VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lost In The Sauce

Rate this question

LanceJoseph

Question

Ok so I've decided to take the fight to the VA. I was issued an SOC nov 2013 when that raised my ptsd from 50 to 70 and my ed was the date of my c&p exam. I immediately rebutled with a form 9 , a very impressive IMO and employer documentation proving I've been unable to hold a job all the way back to jan 2011. I did file for tdiu in jan 2011 but never receive the documents I need to fill out due to the wrong address being put on my paperwork. ( my fault completely is what they said ). I have not filed for ssi. I've called the 1800 and they say my form 9 was certified to the bva on the same day I submitted it by hand to them. They've also said that there is a 60 day wait before they will look at my form 9 and additional evidence. My DAV rep says it doesn't show anything. I don't know what to expect anymore. My ebenefits says substantive appeal form 9. It is still currently at the St. Louis RO. Btw they fast tracked this whole appeal because they didn't recognize that my nod was submitted within the allotted time frame. Once I pointed out the issue it was like someone lit a fire under their a**es. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

they can deek with your claim a little longer,/. Before they let it go to the wizard (judge)., They want to at least give it a half assed run at trying to make it make some kind of sense, as to why they denied the claim. maybe add a little this, take out a little that,,, kind of like grandma perfecting that good ole catfish sauce picante after sunday church service. THEY HAVE NO URGENCY,! THEY DONT CARE. Matter of fact, they might be quite offended and insulted that you rebuke thier great wisdom, and challenge thier authoritiiii. No worries though, you are in the know, so just ride the crazy train, until it stops in a good town.

Well talked to DAV rep today and was told that the va is consolidating my file to be sent to the BVA. What I don't understand is I sent in tons of evidence after I received my SOC so shouldn't they review the evidence and make a decision and either submit an award or an SSOC. They completely skipped a step.