VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Examier

Rate this question

Reddit

Question

How much weight does a va examier(C&P) diagnosis carries? If the va examier diagnosis you with a condition or illness, will that be consider a current diagnosis? and if you have recently gotten out of the miltary (less than a year) would you need a nexus to the miltary?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

My husband just got denied because they gave the Examiner more weight than the treating physician because the Examiner had access to all the VA medical files and physician did not. HOWEVER, they incorrectly identified the physician as a private physician and is in fact a VA doctor on staff and not only has access to records but she is the one who has treated him for all his service-connected conditions which is in her area of speciality. I researched the examiner and she is an APRN in the Nursing Department. In my research I found that the Examiner's Speciality is also a consideration in determining the weight of medical opinion. I also checked the Board of Licensing for both to be sure there had not been anything filed against them. This is his second denial that was based on inaccurate information. Make sure you read the Examiner's report very carefully for mistakes or for not doing a complete exam.