VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hurry Up And Wait Maybe?

Rate this question

jefmil50

Question

Had my C&P exam that I requested for aid and attendance. I had the exam on the morning of Jan 29 2014 and by the time we got back home I checked E-Bennies and everything was updated already. So my status went from gathering of evidence to completed. As always I do not ever get to excited until that "BBE" arrives with good news.

Below is what I saw on E-Bennies along with decision made and mailed, but guess like I said that still does not excite me. However if someone wants to throw some optimism my way and tell me it will be soon, feel free lol!!

Claim Received: 01/31/2013
Claim Type: Compensation
Claim Closed: 01/29/2014

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

It's been a couple of days. Any good news yet?

• HadIt.com Elder

Glad to see you get treated correctly.

Many folks here file a claim and the next day post a mailbox watch on the porch.

Now its a e benefits watch.

Oh well.

J

Well first time in 22 years that I am going to have to file a NOD. I asked for an increase but apparently that was worded in a way to not look like a complete denial. So basically here is my BBE more like a little bbe, that came yesterday:

{REASONS FOR DECISION

Entitlement to special monthly compensation based on Aid and Attendance

Entitlement to an additional payment of compensation is established when service-connected impairment imposes a special level of disability. The current level of entitlement to special monthly compensation is confirmed and continued based on the evidence reviewed.

we have review the information and evidence submitted with your application received on January 31st, 2013, as well as the VA aid and attendance or housebound examination conducted on January 29th, 2014 at the VA medical center in Tampa FL. There was no objective medical evidence that would warrant an increase in your special monthly compensation at this time. You do have reduced range of motion in your left upper extremity but are still able to feed yourself, swim in your pool and sometimes drive. We have therefore confirmed and continued your current level of special monthly compensation as previously authorized.}

So that was my BBE literally in a nutshell. I went in to the exam room, the stupid lady asked a few questions and sent me on my way. She would not allow my wife to come into the room, for what ever reason I still can not figure out. Ok so I can feed myself but only if someone cooks and cuts what ever for me. Last year the VA had a lift installed on my pool because I can no longer walk in and out of the pool, and still need help transferring from wheelchair to the pool lift. Have no idea where they figured I could really swim, a little hard with just partial use of my left arm. I have a left foot accelerator and a steering knob, also the driver seat is a power chair, but driving has been extremely limited.

Like I said earlier this is my 1st time that I have disagreed with a decision and need to file a NOD or whatever the next step is? I also need to know how to get the Brain Dead VSO off as my POA, that was an abortion from the get go, I will list hadit.com as my silent POA!! Just definitely need honest direction from here and this is the only place I have found in the real world.

Edited by jefmil50

Jef,

Hate to hear of your bad experience. I had my SSDI Mental Exam a few weeks ago, and the Civilian Psych Doc would not let my wife come in either. Next Friday I have 6 C&Ps for current FDC claim for increase. I wife has to work, so my little sister is taking me, and I am so nervous, especially since I wont have my wife there to support me. Good luck to you and keep us posted bud.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you walked into the exam room you probably already lost the A&A award. If you rolled into the room in a wheelchair you might have had a chance. Are you housebound?