VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hurry Up And Wait Maybe?

Rate this question

jefmil50

Question

Had my C&P exam that I requested for aid and attendance. I had the exam on the morning of Jan 29 2014 and by the time we got back home I checked E-Bennies and everything was updated already. So my status went from gathering of evidence to completed. As always I do not ever get to excited until that "BBE" arrives with good news.

Below is what I saw on E-Bennies along with decision made and mailed, but guess like I said that still does not excite me. However if someone wants to throw some optimism my way and tell me it will be soon, feel free lol!!

Claim Received: 01/31/2013
Claim Type: Compensation
Claim Closed: 01/29/2014

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Well we barely can stand up let alone walk. I have a c500 Permobil wheelchair that I went into the exam room. No we are not housebound, my rating right now is SMC (M + K). I just got back from my local DAV to at least change back my POA, guess thay want some SOC from my pcp. I will get to go to Hotel James A. Haley next week to do a sonogram and mri so I should be able to get that part done. Like I have mentioned before, have no idea what goes on at this point, never had to not accept the findings.

Yes I can feed myself but only if my food is prepared totally for me. My van is adapted so that I could drive for short distances if needed, but have not been able to drive since last relapse a year ago. The swimming part was a joke, I can not really swim with just partial use of my left arm, the pool is just to get into for therapy.

• In Memoriam

Just send a statement to your VSO, stating that you wish to terminate there representation as your Power of Attorney. From that point you are represented by yourself.

You shouldn't list hadit as it is not certified VSO.